Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Think this'll work?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

I bet he can get some air if he dumps it off a cliff!  That damn thing is 1800# !!!  he was either on here or on the KF list a couple years ago looking for flaperon advise... YIKES!

About all I can say for it is... planes were founded on dreams, and I am not gonna be the guy that tells you to not follow your dreams.. but I may be the guy to tell ya that your gonna need more than a few beers to get the balls to try n fly it!

:BC:

Posted

It's worse that 1800 pounds, it's 1800 KILO's!!!

What a kludge of a project. Not sure how much half a million shillings is in Kenya but what a pile of parts. It must be made from cold rolled steel and heavy sheet metal to weigh that much.

Can't fault him for following his dream though, that's what got me here too.

Posted

it was 800 kilos... so its just a hair under 1800 pounds :lol:  he has something rolled up or a big ass huka loaded if he thinks that thing will ever fly... but as we both said, follow your dreams.  like my signature says, I would rather die trying to live than live trying not to die!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Guess my ears aren't what they used to be either. I thought I heard 1800 kg, either way, it's a monstrosity.

Posted (edited)

Got to give the guy credit for trying with absolutely no aviation education - If someone would donate the shipping, I would give him a Kitfox or Magnum type fuselage, and send a builders manual....

Nah - with no flying instructions, at least he may not kill himself if he cant get off of the ground......

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this

Posted

A for effort

Posted

Somebody needs to buy the poor guy a welding helmet,he'll be blind before he ever gets off the ground.This just shows you dreams of flying are everywhere and people in poor countries have big balls.Good Luck to the gentleman.Randy

Posted

I hope someone remembers where these pictures are when I get my home-grown finished.

EDMO

Posted

I watched some of the later videos about this guy; he has turned out several models now and even has remote control for testing; none have ever flown yet though.  He switched to a single cyl 2 stroke now and looks like he has the weight down to 1000 lbs or so.  He is looking for financing to go into production; anyone interested?

Posted

I had an internet friend in South Africa who was flying a Kitfox - The photos he shared about the natives and their endeavors were hilarious.   Got to give this guy an A for effort - and wish him luck.

EDMO

Posted

I very upset you no like my design!

Fly like charm! Up not much but chick dig it! Left right work good!

Gotta give the guy credit for trying. Beats my last Cessna 150 I rebuilt with my bare hands.

2 people like this

Posted

Love the design, but could have painted side car to match!   :lol:

EDMO

Posted

Did you guys see the Katmai type elevator? I wonder if he got sued for that... Patent Infringement, no?

:lies: