Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid flyer MK 4 for sale with extras!

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Changed my mind. Not gonna sell. Just decided to keep it and fly it! :)

post-628-0-64053300-1391898055_thumb.jpg

post-628-0-89851600-1391898145_thumb.jpg

Edited by avid flyer

Posted

that must be an early MK IV as the doors look to be C model and not the spring loaded MK IV latches.  does it have the baggage door behind the left flaperon bushing point?

:BC:

Posted (edited)

that must be an early MK IV as the doors look to be C model and not the spring loaded MK IV latches.  does it have the baggage door behind the left flaperon bushing point?

:BC:

This is an interesting question.

This aircraft appears identical to mine. The sales invoice states "Avid HH". Dec 1992. Interestingly too the fuselage is not curved at the bottom but the tubes are straight. No baggage door. I can't figure out what it's supposed to be. Ser # is 955. It also has a Holman cowling.

Edited by allonsye
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My last MK IV didn't have the baggage door either, but had everything inside for it and you had to load it over the top.  The builder just never put the door on, but covered over it.  Serial 1045D so I'm sure it's a MK IV.  Looks like a MK IV cowl to me, I had a Holman cowl on a B model I had and the windshield is a lot more sloped then what I think I'm seeing here.   Interesting story about this plane,  I remember seeing a picture of an Avid in either an old Experimenter or Sport Aviation magazine from about 1992 or so and it was listed then under completions.  I'm sure it was the same plane. Kind of a distinctive paint scheme and it stuck in my head. Sometimes when I would see an old Avid or Kitfox, I would run the N # to see if it's still around.  I think I did that with this one as well, but it's probably been a few years ago.   Don't know if I want to spend 4 hours looking for that magazine just now though to see if I'm right.   Jim Chuk

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

If you find it and it is the plane I have I would like to read it!

Posted (edited)

Avid flyer,

Pray tell what is your Avatar photo - my old eyes are bad, and not trying to be mean -  but it looks like the ass of a horse with a spear sticking out of the belly....I know it has to be something else - wish there was a way to enlarge these photos - some have nice paint jobs on their planes...some even nice enough to print and put on hanger wall, like the photo of yours.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I dont know, cant see it either. And I dont even know how it got on there so I looked. I found one I can see.

Posted (edited)

That 336 or 7 looks good.  I was not trying to be mean about the Avatar - just couldn't make it out.  I was talking about the little gray and white Avid looking good.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Its a 337, helped do the annual on it and then got to fly her!! Thats the nice part about doing annuals and other work on stuff, I get to test fly them  :blink: I looked at the other picture and it is a water fall going into a pool in a canyon. I had to expand it to see it. Looks like a modified drawing? Any way its fixed. Did this one not long ago. Piper Aztec

post-628-0-64128200-1394286594_thumb.jpe

Edited by avid flyer

Posted

Thanks for the plane photos - waterfall into canyon? - I didn't think it was a horse you killed!  :lol:

EDMO