Snowmobiles

39 posts in this topic

Posted

...or snow machines for the non continental among us.

I am now the owner of 2 Ski Doo MXZ-TNT sleds. 2008 models with the 600 carbureted motors. Not the nasty back country sleds that are needed in AK, but they'll doo [sic] us just fine here.

Yeah, another dumb stunt.

Posted

Those are great sleds! I use my crossfire 600 for everything. Mountains and trails.

:BC:

Posted

We need a :This thread is worthless without pics: emoticon!

1 person likes this

Posted

With all the snow we have, here's a photo.

Posted

Let me see what I can do for ya on the :ttwwp: emo.

Posted

187801d1359691295-s-c-kits-thread-worthl
4 people like this

Posted

I think Larry just won the pick an emoticon contest!

Posted

if your into it, here is the tracking page for the worlds most grueling and longest snowmachine race.  http://www.irondog.org/gps-tracking/

So much for me flying it this year with the 180, but next year, I should be up and running and flying support for a team.  The race kicked off about an hour ago and the river is NASTY due to NO snow on it, just glare ice.  Fast but gives no lubricant to the hyfax so if the teams try to push it they will burn them up and be out of the race quick. 

Go team 17! 

Posted

Don't know who team 17 is but go team 17.......Randy

Posted

:lol:  Its one of my buddies that I wrenched on the sleds for in 04.  The first year that Skidoo ever won the iron dog.  I got the race sleds 5 days before the race.  Took them out of the crate, pulled them down and put them back together sealing up all the potential leaks in the chassis and putting wear protection on all the wiring and coolant hoses, studded the tracks, revalved shocks and mounted the safety gear.  Worked round the clock on them till one hour before the tech inspection to get them done.  Dusty is nothing short of a maniac on a sled.  That year he was riding with another buddy of mine Mark Carr (used to hang out on here when he had an Avid).  They are both on the verge of psycho on a sled :lol:

At any rate, I hope Dusty and his partner can pull off another win, I am betting some records will be set this year!

Posted

Okay here's the pics...

My wife Julie's birthday present.

post-36-0-60193700-1392686496_thumb.jpg

Since Leni was wining over text messages about his lack of snow in Alaska, I sent him this shot of my drive home this afternoon.  Yes I had to drive the plow truck the 30 miles to get the sled.  It was a little snowy...

post-36-0-51531600-1392686503_thumb.jpg

I stopped here because I kind of lost track of where the drive way was...

post-36-0-70216000-1392686508_thumb.jpg

We're supposed to get another 6" on Thursday.

Posted

You suck... I have to make a freight run to the lodge to bring in a new 20kw generator... There isn't enough snow on the river to use my snow machine so I have to chain up the prowler and pull it in with that.. It's been a weird winter up here and we have an extreme lack of snow.

Posted

Okay, I gotta ask, WTF is a "prowler"?

Is that some sort of Alaska code like "snow machine"?  Like poboy = hogie = hero = sub sandwich?

Posted

:lol: nope It's a UTV arctic cat 700 xtx

post-2-0-73752200-1392695776_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-69241600-1392696124_thumb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Is there a train that goes from Thief RIver Falls, Minnesota directly to your place?  What's with all the Kitty Kats?

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I like toys that hold up :lol:

1 person likes this

Posted

Then why the Kitty Kats?

Posted

Put 120 miles on her today to try her our.  For a sledding rookie (returning to the sport after a 12 year hiatus) that was a long trip.  I'm pretty tired and sore...

Our well groomed trails are anything but, right now, due to all the snow activity over the last two weeks.

Posted

That's a lot of seat time you got in today! I don't think I've ever done too many miles at a time on a snowmobile. We use them here but we're limited because of the mountains and such, it takes more out of me up there than in the flats. Plus you can't go full out where we use them. Sounds like a fun day though.

Posted (edited)

Then if you show a little interest, they put you to work.

I got trained today by my good buddy Steve on how to run the Tucker Groomer...

post-36-0-93690900-1393311495_thumb.jpg

This whole snowmobile thing is really becoming a "Dumb Stunt" situation.  But like most dumb stunts, it sure is fun!

Edited by Av8r3400
1 person likes this

Posted

Got the generator in to the lodge Saturday... Then running back empty I blew the diamond drive.. That's what I get for running solo! I had just enough juice in my phone to get out one phone call then I loaded my kitty cat on to the freight sled and had to wait for the lodge owner to come get me and tow me into the landing.... Nothing like having a yamahahahahaha tow me for 60 miles.. But there are no pictures so it didn't happen right :dunno:

Thanks Randy for flying high cover on the way to make sure I made it!

1 person likes this

Posted

Wow, I'm glad you made it back OK.  Sounds like I flew cover on you the wrong direction.  Glad you could get a cell connection.  You should get a Delorme InreachSE.  I've been keeping mine with me in my pack so it goes with me in the plane or on the snowmachine.  Great to have that 2 way texting through the satelite; and your number is on my speed dial. :)

Posted

Then why the Kitty Kats?

Then running back empty I blew the diamond drive.. That's what I get for running solo! I had just enough juice in my phone to get out one phone call then I loaded my kitty cat on to the freight sled and had to wait for the lodge owner to come get me and tow me into the landing.... Nothing like having a yamahahahahaha tow me for 60 miles.. 

I'll stick with a chain, thanks.  You can keep this one.

93kittycat.jpg

Posted

He even looks like Leni :lmao:

Posted

Here's what happens when a good ole boy buys more sled than he can handle and comes to the mountains.

1 person likes this