Snowmobiles

39 posts in this topic

Posted

damn, thats some $$$ scattered across the hill!

Randy, the SE is on order, I promised myself I would get one last year but didnt.. next ride it will be with me!

If you get bored this weekend think about flying into Trail Lake.  We are doing a old timer model contest there ( the plane has to be designed before 1940 I think) plus we will have lots of other cool models there.  I am flying up there in a couple hours and the wife is driving the truck up to bring the planes and the prowler.  We will be there today and sunday having fun!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Put my back out on Wednesday.  I'm screwed.  

Can't ride the sled, can't fly the plane, can't hardly stand on my own.  Time to call it a day...

(yes, I'm fishing for sympathy…)

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Larry, I've been there and I know it can happen any time for no good reason.  It's no fun.  Hope it gets back to normal quickly.

Posted

Sucks when the back goes out, been there done that!

Here is a couple pictures to help ya feel better :lol:

post-2-0-74879200-1393784242_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-82899800-1393784336_thumb.jpg

post-2-0-82929400-1393784454_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

cautiously optimistic to be able to work this week...

Posted

damn, thats some $$$ scattered across the hill!

Randy, the SE is on order, I promised myself I would get one last year but didnt.. next ride it will be with me!

If you get bored this weekend think about flying into Trail Lake.  We are doing a old timer model contest there ( the plane has to be designed before 1940 I think) plus we will have lots of other cool models there.  I am flying up there in a couple hours and the wife is driving the truck up to bring the planes and the prowler.  We will be there today and sunday having fun!

Hey Leni,

Sounds like you had a fun time.  From the pictures it must be a different Trail Lake than the one I am thinking of out by Alexander lake.  No road to that one.  Where is the one you guys had the RC flyin at?

Posted

In moose pass. Good thing you didn't fly out to the other lake :lol: but it was a gorgeous day to be out flying. Just got home, my phone died so I didn't get any new pictures today.

Posted

Maybe the last ride of the season.  

We see here Darth Vader seated upon his matching blacked out steed...

post-36-0-40731800-1394506116_thumb.jpg

For the record, now that I have fitted it, I love that Mod2 helmet.

Posted

Good looking rides!  If you want to bet the best out of them, I will talk to my buddy and get the hot shock set up.  He did a TON of testing and tuning to get them to ride pretty damn sweet in the whoops and big bumps.  He aint happy with a set up unless you can ride one handed in 2' stutter bumps at 100 MPH.

How long did it take you to get used to the rider forwards position of the new sleds versus the old sitting position?  I hated it for the first few hours, then I began to love it.  Now I cant go back old style for more than 10 minutes or my back and knees are killing me!

Posted

I first rode my business partner's '05 Renegade SDi a couple of years ago and absolutely hated the riding position.  It totally kicked my ass (actually my knees and back)!  In 2008, Doo updated the chassis from the Rev to the XP chassis which gives you a more forward-foot body placement.  This was the trick for me.  Last season I rode another friends two sleds, the yellow TNT pictured above and his new '12 MXZ 600 Ace.  This put me over the top on this newer chassis.

I arranged the deal on his yellow MXZ-TNT with the 500SS motor (600 carb) and then found the black one (also a TNT 500SS) at a local dealer when I started this thread.

Like most aspect of my life, I'm not too interested in going super fast.  Although, these sleds are pretty fast compared to what I have ridden before…  The black sled is set up pretty soft and we both like that ride quite a bit.  The yellow is currently set real tight and "go-cart like" in it's handling, but has throttle response (clutching?) more suited to my wife.  I'm going to tone the yellow one's suspension down a bit to match the black one.  The only down side (maybe) to these sleds are they have the short (121") track with stock lugs.  Definitely not "off trail" machines.  Nevertheless, they are pretty nice and fun to ride (in this area at least).

I don't plan any serious modifications, probably just some "accessories".

Posted (edited)

I think we went on our last ride of the season today.  The trails in Wisconsin close on April 1.  Unfortunately, we won't have another chance to get out before then.  We trailered up to a place called Boulder Junction (KBDJ).  Its in the Lake Superior snow belt and the trails were absolutely awesome.  Had a nice ride and used up the last of the gas in the sleds.  Now I will put 5 gallons of 100LL in each, fog the motors, do a little maintenance and put them away for the summer.

post-36-0-43764200-1395529384_thumb.jpg

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

nice!  the snow here is pretty much gone.  I think this will be my last weekend on skis, then I will go back to wheels.

I hate putting the sleds away every spring, it depresses me :lol:

Posted

It's been 15 years since I did it the last time…  Yeah, kind of melancholy.

I am already making plans for next year.  Looking into GPS downloads to make navigating easier, a few accessories for the sleds, the wife needs a new helmet, etc, etc.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Put on a 130 mile ride this evening.  I'm wiped out...

-5º, with 20 gusting 30 northwest wind.  F'ing cold.

First run with my new Lin-Q bag installed.  Works awesome.

2014-Ski-Doo-MXZ-TNT-ACE-900-LINQ-Bag.jp

Edited by Av8r3400