Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Neeed Help on ebay ad

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Guess I got up about 70 years too late to understand all this computer stuff -

Anyway, here is my problem:

Trying to sell AIRCRAFT PARTS on ebay - but when trying to list, all I come up with is > ebay motors - aviation parts - parts..........?

I normally search AIRCRAFT PARTS on ebay - but my parts don't show up on that site - they show up on AVIATION PARTS, which is a separate list.

How can I list my parts on the AIRCRAFT PARTS listing?

Thanks for help.  But please make it so simple that even I might understand.

EDMO

BTW:  The parts I have to list are all Cleveland with 1 1/2 inch aluminum axels, 6 inch wheels, disks, calipers, MCs & park brake, removed from Piper.  

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed, Try listing it as Piper Aircraft Brake Parts, people will do a search for a specific item they are looking for and it should come up after typing in Piper brake parts.I think you will just use the aviation parts category and it should come up.Im not a ebay guru but have bought and sold some racecar parts.Dont feel bad Im old school myself.Randy

Posted

They are listed as Cleveland, which fits more than Piper - My problem is getting them listed in "Aircraft Parts" which is a different list than "Aviation Parts", and maybe seen by more buyers.  My "expert" daughter does not know how to do that, and I do well to turn the puter on!

Thanks,

EDMO

Posted

I have been unloading a bunch of spare/ obsolete parts on ebay lately, and have found that the best way to list items is to do a search for what you have, and then do an advanced search for what has sold, by using that you get an idea of the prices they re bringing and in what category. You can use the sell one like this in the sold search and put it where things will sell the best. When buying I try and find things that have been listed wrong or in a inappropriate category, sometimes I have been able to triple my purchase price by finding something put in a category that no one else looks at. I bought a set of hegar wheels brakes and tires for under $50 because the person that sold them put them in the wrong category.

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the advise - my daughter lists my stuff, because I am too enept - she cant figure out how to list as "aircraft parts", since the only list that comes up on the site list is "aviation parts", and that is not where I usually look.

I will have her try what you said.

I don't guess you ever heard anything from Brett?  From the looks of your fixture building, maybe you could just tool up for another clone?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri