Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Put my cowling back on tonite

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I've had my cowling off forever while I've been reworking my wiring and instruments. I put all new sound deadening material in it and wanted to make sure everything still clearanced properly. I also want to run the engine with it on and make sure I have no cooling issues. I also tore my Maule tailwheel apart and regreased it. I may need to replace the pins in there pretty soon. My airplane was originally a B model Kit but the builder did a lot of C model upgrades. I have C model heavy hauler wings with two tanks in the wings. I still have the side radiator and mechanical brakes though.

Does anybody know how to decipher Spruces chart for fasteners? I need a couple for my cowling.

Couple pics

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3778-1.jpg

This cowling came with the FWF that I bought off of John Miller. Look how closely the colors and pinstriping lined up.. good enough for me I didn't touch the paint on it.

IMG_3777-1.jpg

Fastner I need

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

Posted

I am trying to remember, but I think there is a dash number on the head of the fastener.  I know mine has some -4 and -5 mixed around for some frigged up reason.  I will dig into it and check, but I am almost certain that they are numbered on the fastener.  I am at work till Tuesday so I will have the kids take a good close up pic and email to me.

:beerchug:

Posted

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/camloc2600.php

there is a number stamped into the head of the camlocs.  I have the 2600 series and most of the cowling ones on mine are -3, however, there are some -4 in the mix.

Posted

Thanks! I didn't see anything stamped on mine but I'll look closer again and see if I see anything. I'll get you that EGT probe back in the mail this week.

Posted

Well I'll be.. there is a little tiny 3 stamped on there. Thanks

Posted

holy shit, I helped :lol:  damn, that just made the site fees worth it to me :lol:

:beerchug: