Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Forum Hacked

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry guys, but the forum was hacked twice yesterday.. I think we have it back up and running and the new security patches should prevent further attacks.. today anyways..

As always, thanks for hanging in there and being patient with me as we muddle our way through fighting the Somali and Turkish cyber pirates..

:BC:

Posted

had to go offline for a bit and install some new security updates, but I think we are back up and running again!  hope its tailwinds from here!

Posted

Great job again Lenny.

Posted

Thanks Lenny

Posted

Your the best, Leni. I don't care what your wife says.

Posted

you know women lie.. LOL.. and for the record, it was not all me, it was the hired gun that cleaned up the malicious code when the service provider and the software company told me the best bet was to scrap the site and start all over.. I couldn't do that since the last back up of the site I had was on my laptop that died.. I now will keep the database updated every couple of days, and the service provider backs up the content every night so worst case, if it happens again, we would only loose one days postings if we can clean it up and have to rebuild the site from scratch.

Posted

Thanks Leni!  

Posted

Great job keeping it going Leni.  Thanks!

Posted

:news: Thanks Leni. I know I'm not the only one who's checks this site every morning for the latest. Cheers

Posted

Yeah, thanks Leni for getting things running again. I know it costs money, so this was a good reminder to send the PayPal I've been meaning to send. I'm starting to get used to checking the site every morning. I was bummed to see that it was hacked the other day. Thanks again!

Luke D.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys, I do my best to keep you addicts happy with a good fix first thing in the morning.  I know I go through withdraws when the site is down!