Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flaperon Mixer

4 posts in this topic

Posted

There is a thread going over at 'Rotax about the mixer devise and it's modifications on an Avid.

Wanting to learn as much as I can about these little bird before hopefully buying one later this year, I'd like to learn more about how these mixers work.

Can someone help me with a YouTube video or maybe some drawings of how the aileron and flap functions are mixed and how much throw each has?  Being an engineer I'm fairly mechanically inclined, but for the life of me I can't follow the pictures posted in that thread.

Posted

It's PFM!! Pure F$#%in Magic! Dean Wilson was a hell of a designer. I just moved my airplane out to the airport or I'd go make you a video. This video is an older one that sort of shows the mixer box.

Posted

if all goes well tomorrow I will have the plane out and can get a vid... shit.. no I cant, my floor boards for the baggage cover them up.. I will try to get a shot of my buddies KF as the system is the same.

Posted

if all goes well tomorrow I will have the plane out and can get a vid... shit.. no I cant, my floor boards for the baggage cover them up.. I will try to get a shot of my buddies KF as the system is the same.

Take a picture of your floorboards then... I want to see how much room you made available back there.