Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Got the keys to my hangar today!

5 posts in this topic

Posted

FINALLY! I have my own plane stored in my Hangar at an airport. A guy I work with and I went in halves on a T hangar. He's building a Cozy project and has a LONG time before he will be flying so I've got pretty much the entire hangar minus one corner he's using. There is plenty of room for the Avid and my trailer in there. I've been dreaming of when I could just open the hangar doors and go flying whenever I want for a long long time. Now I just need to get my wings back from the A&P that's taking his sweet ass time to recover them.

Posted

you bastage... one of these days I will have the hangar on the lake.. till then it is trailer from garage to the airport...

Congrats.. now go junk punch the mech. as the wings should have been done in a week tops start to finish.

:beerchug:

Posted

Ya it's getting pretty ridiculous. He's a business, I'm paying him, and it's been 4 months now. I found out after the fact that the last airplane he covered which was a cub took him 4 years! Needless to say he's pissed off pretty much every body on the airfield to the point he had to shut down his shop and go work for a jet services company. He has more work on that airport than he could do. He could be making plenty o money if he ran a smart business. I'm curious how he made it the 20+ years that he did.

Posted

go get your wings and finnish them yourself.. get the polyfiber manual and the video.  It is a pice of cake, especialy if you have ever coverd an RC model before.  The exact same principles apply and I found it easer to cover the full size than a small park flyer model.  This said after I have coverd over a hundered models.  :beerchug:

Posted

They are pretty much done now. We are to the point of spraying dope and he has all the fancy HVLP sprayer tools. Hopefully I can get him to put in some hours on them this weekend. Once the spraying starts it should go pretty quickly. Once they are done it's reassembly time, weight and balance, a fresh conditional, and then hopefully I can start doing some taxi testing and get ready for the airworthiness inspection.