Mattress Rant

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay--

Who out there is happy with the mattress you sleep on??  I certainly am not!  :banghead:

My wife and I are not "petite" people (I'm about 240# and she isn't far behind...), but to have a mattress develop "hog troughs" within two years is ridiculous!  We now have our king size bed sideways due to the troughs in it in the normal orientation.  I still have an old mattress from when I was in high school that we use (one at a time - it is a small bed) as an alternate bed because it is still comfortable at over 20 years old!!  The reason being (in part) is it can be turned over!!!!  The new mattresses cannot be flipped!  What a crock!  We have gone through 4-5 mattresses in the last 7-10 years because they become so damned uncomfortable that you just cannot sleep on them.

Now the wife is pushing for one of those sleep-number air mattresses.  I'm not a fan of these things just by what I've read on the net of owners who absolutely hate them for what you get for the excessive amount of money they want for them!  (Yes, I'm cheap!)

Thanks for listening.  I'll be quiet now.  :topicsucks:

Posted

holy shit did you hit on a sore subject with me :lol:  The wife tossed my water bed for some super duper pillow top high $ mofo matress that in 1 year had the hog troughs in it... Pissed me off cause you cant flip them (the same shit that pissed you off.. come to find out, you just spin them end for end about every 2 or 3 mohtns and they wont do that... I spun mine and believe it or not, it has come back and is good shape again and comfy to sleep on.  I still want my waveless water bed back, but she has had a shit load of surgeries and she cant sleep on a water bed anymore....

:beerchug:

Posted

I just want a new King Size Mattress.  I am the only one who sleeps in the King Size Bed,

except for company a couple times a year.  I only sleep on one side and I have been

turning the mattress regularly.  I feel the box springs are fine.  Can I just purchase the

mattress and if so do they warranty it.

2carryon

_______

=== XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===