Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best way to refuel a two stroke with no injection on cross countries?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I go flying alot at night while I'm laying in bed. I have several fairly long cross countries planned out in my head for after I get proficient in my Avid and I know it's not gonna leave me hanging in a tree. I don't believe in injection after watching mulitiple friends sieze their snowmobiles and one blue head 582 when it fails. Most say that 100LL is not real good on a 582 either.

So what's your technique for a fuel stop on a long X country? Mixing the fuel in the tank would be easy enough as long as you put in a known quanity. Do you bum a fuel can, take the courtesy car to town and get some pump gas, put in 100LL till you get home, land on main st and taxi to the pumps? I'd love to hear others experiences with this.

Posted

I take a couple 5ers with me on CC trips.  Mix the fuel in the jug then dump in the wing.. Assures good mixing!  I am injected and dont worry about pump failure.  Chances are about the same for a pump going at as there is for the wing folding, just my .02

:beerchug:

Posted

The injection pumps seems pretty fail safe. I was told it doesn't hurt to burn a little 100 in it on a cc. But I have only done it a couple of times.