Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F7A's

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Ak,

Set my F7's to -6. Could only get my flaps to 10 degrees because my stop bolt was to long. Went to test fly it with 10 to 15 mph gusty winds. Up down trim was way off no big problem I'll just adjust elevator trim. Man the flaperon control felt like the airplane was fighting me. You said do not set it at -6. If I go less will this take some pressure off the stick. Rudder control did seem better. Next time I fly I will wait until I get calm winds. Just to gusty tonight. Tail wheel works good except I have to get some slack out of the linkage, then it should be fine.

Bandit

Posted

the instructionsI had said that if you went to -6 the control forces would be more....  The -6 was for guys that did not have any elevator trim and were using the flaperons for trim.  did you try to pull on just a touch of flaps to get the stick forces back to normal?  Go fly again, without adjusting you elevator trim.  Level off at cruise or what ever speed you had it trimmed out at before, then pull on the flaps until it hold the elevation / trim setting that you had set before.  Dont touch you flap handle, land and measure the angle on the flaperons to see where you are at.  Adust the flaperons to that angle with the flaps off.  You may want to have 1 or 2 degrees in there to play with IF you want to be able to trim the airplane slightly with the flaps.  If you have them set right, the stick forces should be NO MORE than they were before.  The only thing you should notice with the new F7a's is that it does not take as much rudder work to coordinate turns.

:beerchug: