Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First Post

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello Everyone

I've been searching (trolling) around this site for a few years looking for build information. I've got a MARK IV with a 582, which I acquired from a friend who gave up on it long ago. It’s all there, he bought it new sometime in the early 90's after a visit to the factory. The wings are about ready for covering, that’s what I've been working on lately. I’m a A&P mechanic by trade, most of my career has been spent working on corporate aircraft. I've done a lot research on the Avid, this website's been a big help. Thanks!

Wade

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

RTS,

Welcome to the site - If you have been following it, you know that most questions get answered - sometimes in several different ways.   There is a lot of good knowledge floating around here.  I have learned a lot about the 2-bangers since I joined.

Hope you can add to the site.

My favorite FAR: 21-303(b)

EDMO -AP/AMT

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

welcome aboard!  We love project pictures and questions so dont be afraid to post up pictures

:BC:

Posted

RTS,

Welcome to the site - If you have been following it, you know that most questions get answered - sometimes in several different ways.   There is a lot of good knowledge floating around here.  I have learned a lot about the 2-bangers since I joined.

EDMO -AP/AMT

welcome aboard!  We love project pictures and questions so dont be afraid to post up pictures

:BC:

Thanks Guys, I'll put some of build photo's up soon. Im sure sure I'll have question's as I progress with the biuld.

Posted

RTS,

EDMO -AP/AMT

Why's that favorite FAR Ed, I see your a A&P also.

Posted (edited)

Wade,

Look up and read 21.303(b) and you will soon know why I am a homebuilder too!

It OKs "owner-made replacement parts" for Part 23 certified aircraft.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Welcome to the board Wade! I echo what's been said, post pictures and don't be afraid to ask anything. I've been here for only a few months but learned a lot as well. 

Posted

Welcome Wade! Lots of guys here in about the same building stage, so ask away, you will save me from asking a bunch of dumb questions!

Good luck,

Ron

Posted

The only "dumb" question, is the one you don't ask!   Dumb answers are a different story!  :lol:

EDMO

Posted

Wade,

Look up and read 21.303(b) and you will soon know why I am a homebuilder too!

It OKs "owner-made replacement parts" for Part 23 certified aircraft.

EDMO

I hear what you’re saying, I’m somewhat familiar with owner built parts, working at a 145 repair station we have to build parts that are no longer available on behalf of the owner.

Posted

Right - I believe it says, "Owner made, or cause to be made" - so you could contract with your local machine shop if need be.

Lots cheaper than the TSO and Original parts sometimes - and, if they are no longer available, this keeps you flying.

EDMO