Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid MK V for sale (John Larsen's Pursang)

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Most of you know a lot more about his plane since my wife and I bought this plane almost two months ago. I've spent over 225 hours getting everything in the shape it should have been before I purchased it. Basically the plane is in VERY good shape now, looks good with new interior carpet, panel was repainted, glare shield was redone, exterior was freshened up with new stripes and leading edge paint.

After all this work I was told that it needs to go. So, it's up for sale or trade, if you have something other than an Avid or Kitfox. I'd like to stay experimental so I can do the work to it as well but may consider other offers.

Message me for more details. There are a lot of pictures on the Epic journey of the Pursang thread but here are a couple that I like.

I'm sadly selling this plane since it burns only 3.7GPH and cruises at about 90MPH. Not to mention the huge amount of space it has behind the seats for sleeping, cargo, or whatever else you might want to throw back there. I honestly haven't ever flown another two seat aircraft with as much baggage space and the ability of the plane to haul it fully loaded.

post-745-0-08917500-1396746689.jpg

post-745-0-74042500-1396746689.jpg

post-745-0-13686500-1396746690.jpg

post-745-0-42996400-1396746776.jpg

post-745-0-25724500-1396746777.jpg

post-745-0-71991900-1396746777.jpg

Posted

Sharp looking airplane.  I have a few questions...Where is it located, how wide is it with wings folded. and how much? Thanks

Will

Posted

Will,

This plane will be off of the selling list for a while.

EDMO

Posted

I am sorry as well for lostman. I am curious if anything has been released about the cause of the engine out. B

Posted

You may have to wait a year for that report.

EDMO

Posted

What is the asking sale price?

Posted (edited)

As an update - This plane did a summersault on a golf course - He is rebuilding - The only other one of the nine kits made I have seen for sale is priced at $35K with one hour time in Alaska.

EDMO

Guess you could contact Lostman and see if he wants to sell the parts and the fuselage he got from me.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Make me an offer on all the parts. I don't have the fund to rebuild and have run into a road block on ever getting it back in the air. I may post up more information on that later but for now I don't feel like talking about it.

Posted

I would be interested in all of the flaperon mixer control pieces, include the flap handle and the push rods to the flaperon.

THanks