The NEW registration process

4 posts in this topic

Posted

When you sign up for a new account, please check the SPAM folder in your email.  The forum software will automatically send you an email when you register that you have to click the link to complete the USER part of the registration.  I get a lot of emails telling me that they can't log in. The forum software will not notify me that I need to approve a new member UNTIL that new member clicks the validation link in the email. I try to look at my control panel every couple of days to see if there are pending registrations, and if they are I will take care of it, but I don't always see the pending registrations until the new user clicks the validation email.

Well guys, thanks to the multiple hackings we have had here, I will now require that when you sign up I will shoot you an email asking why you would like to join the site what you fly etc.  This is to try and keep the hackers out of the site and keep it open for all of you guys.  I know it may seem a little intrusive, but I wont ever email you again asking any personal questions.. well, unless your a smoking hot blond with a nice plane that loves to hunt and fish, if your a bird hunter, I may ask for pictures of your dog and what kennel the dog was trained at.  I take my bird hunting seriously :lol:

Please don't be offended by a few simple questions, its for the best for the site.

While it is a pain in the butt for me to approve all new members manually, its the steps that have to be taken to keep the site up and running as I am about done with hacks and the hassles of them.

:BC:

2 people like this

Posted

Leni,

Thanks for keeping our circus running! Bryce

Posted

Thanks for this site, I’m looking to get a Mk Vl stretched hopefully with a 90 or 100 hp bmw bike engine and the c gear box for a  longer prop than a Jabiru will spin.

and I would like to contribute ,still looking for a add to send a check to 

thx rjg 

Posted

Thanks for this site, I’m looking to get a Mk Vl stretched hopefully with a 90 or 100 hp bmw bike engine and the c gear box for a  longer prop than a Jabiru will spin.

and I would like to contribute ,still looking for a add to send a check to 

thx rjg 

I sent you a pM.  EDMO