Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

EarthX Batteries

4 posts in this topic

Posted

For anyone interested, EarthX batteries is recognizing the experimental aviation market.  They have a section for experimental aviation on their web site and are coming to the Alaska Aviation Trade Show in Anchorage next weekend, 3-4 May in the Fedex hangar for you AK guys!

The are having a 10% show discount and will have a limmitted amount of batteries for sale (10% off and no shipping cost)  I just ordered the ETX 36C (5.9"x3.4"x4.5" and 3.5 lb  to replace my PC680 (15.4 lbs).  I plan to move it to the firewall also to get rid of a couple of pounds of cable.  They aren't cheap at $349 but with the show special it came to $314 and I will just pick it up at the show.

Very nice folks and great to deal with.  Call them today if you want to get one at the show and be sure they have what you want because they are shipping them today for the show.  1-877-810-1842. 

Read the info in their web site.  I think this is the best and safest LI battery available and it is performing well in the temp extremes.  My buddy has been running one on his 0360 Cub for over a year now and says it easily outperforms the PC680 he had on it before.

Posted

Good to hear your friend has had good luck with these. I'm a long way of from buying a battery, but If I go with a starter on my plane, I'll definitely use one of these after hearing this. That's a pretty huge weight savings for a single relatively small item.

Posted

IMO, the Li batteries are still too much of a gamble - don't want an explosion or fire in my bird, and cant afford the charger anyway.

EdMO

Posted

That is why the EarthX is the battery to use, and also why they are more expensive than the others.  They have a buit in charge control system that keeps all cells equally charged continually, and you do not need a special charger to charge them, you just use a newer styler battery charger.