Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Amphib Prjct on Fleabay

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Very interesting, looks like a restoration project rather than a flyable aircraft though. I don't see a prop either.

Mark

Posted

Maybe I misunderstood - I saw the $2K bid, but in the print below I thought he said $20K - ???

EDMO

Posted

Looks like a rather significant restoration with possible frame tubing replacement etc., time has not been kind to that one IMO. Be interesting to see the selling price.

Posted

Looks like it's been out in the weather for a long long time

Posted

It is INDEED a major project. I'm curious too as to the final selling price. Likely will take at least another 8k in parts  to make it airworthy is my best guess.

Posted

Those long wings would be awesome on a land-bird.

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

I have been trying to talk Bob out of his.  If they had big wing tanks in them I would have already snuck over there and stole them.  I would probably have to make new struts but that would be easy and well worth it to have those long wings. 

Of course, they only cruise about 65 with a 582, but they should get in and out quick!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Leni,  You mean you would take his wings and leave his struts?    There was a derelict at Birchwood that probably could be bought for scraps if it is still parked there by the office.  If you could find it in the weeds!

EDMO

I wonder if those spars are in two pieces?

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Leni, You mean you would take his wings and leave his struts? There was a derelict at Birchwood that probably could be bought for scraps if it is still parked there by the office. If you could find it in the weeds!

EDMO

I wonder if those spars are in two pieces?

I am pretty sure that is the one that Akflyerbob bought a few years ago. The differences in mounting location on the fuse would make the struts not work on a land plane. So I would have to make new ones.