Mounting original aluminum header tank

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm ready to mount in my original spar tube aluminum header tank behind the seat but am not quite sure how others have done it. there are two tabs welded on the side that I assume are for mounting but my airframe doesn't have anything to attach them to. I originally only had the small nose tank. If i use adel clamps then it turns the out on the bottom to face the wrong direction. I was hoping for some pics of how others have mounted it. also what size should I drill/ tap the holes for the fittings to screw in to.

-Robert-

Posted

Here's the lower frame mounting tab.

post-53-0-13890100-1400033500_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Doug, that would be the tab I don't have. Is that your outlet pointing diagonally towards the side? I thought it should point straight to the front? maybe its not as critical as I thought. any other pics of attaching it without the factory mounting tabs welded in? I'm thinking of using hose clamps somehow

Posted

Should I be looking to add an additional header tank if this original spare tube fuel header is in place?  Whats the main goal of larger header tanks, more fuel or more reliable fuel flow or....?

The installation of my spar header tank by the previous owner is really nice and I'd hate to change anything up if I dont need to.