The end of the Pursang, an accident account.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Mark,

Thanks for posting that up! Where did you find it? I live within 15 miles of Wicks so that is a great way to go. Guess I need to figure out what I need and see if they have any of it on the sale. I wish they had the 1/2" and some 1" stuff on sale that would work for me though.

Posted

They have an email list and periodically send eblast notification for sales, etc. I rec'd this sale email on 6/3/14 myself, but noticed no spar tubing included so I didn't mentioned it. If you've purchased in the past from Wicks online, you have the ability to modify your 'Profile' online to receive notices like this. Alternatively, there's a contact listed on the email you might simply send a request to have your name added: ericc@wicksaircraft.com

Posted

What dholly said.  I buy from Wicks fairly regularly, so I'm on their mailing list.  I check them first since I can drive there and avoid shipping if it is a large item.  Shipping is cheaper than gas for small stuff though.

Mark

Posted (edited)

Pursang #2 left the driveway today.   Lostman now has a start on a new build.  Cant wait to see photos.

My wife is happy - that makes 3 of us!   :lol:

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this

Posted

I'll be starting another thread for the build of the "Phoenix". I figure it will rise from the dust, not quite ashes but still appropriately named in my mind.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kenneth,

Sorry, you can't end this thread so easily.  I thought I'd check back into this site (it's been a while), what a surprise to find your post!  Glad you are both ok!!  Amazing at both your abilities to stay calm and cool... way to make it through and be role models for us.

I know the fuselage reinforcement was a serious consideration of John's, and I wonder if those changes helped at all.  Have you spoken with him since?  Sorry if I missed it in the thread.

Mark