A new panel for C-FSXT

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm doing some major upgrades to my Model IV-1050. I'm installing a new 912ULS engine and decided to redo my panel at the same time. I recently got my night rating so I wanted a panel that would be capable of flying at night.

The radio also didn't work very well so I decided to start from scratch and gut the whole panel and rewire everything.

I installed a Dynon D6 Efis and a D10 Ems and a Garmin 695 for navigation. Power distribution is being handled by a Composite Designs light sport power panel.

Here's what the panel looked like before:

20130910_125045_zpsa68489d5.jpg

And here's how it looks now:

IMG_1376_zps6477cee9.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

daaaaaamn, you dropped a little coin on the bird!  It looks great!  Did you weight the old versus the new?  I know your wallet is a lot lighter, but I bet the panel is a bit lighter too.

:BC:

Posted

Very clean! Love the simplicity of it all. I'd love to have a panel that clean with all the bells and whistles you will have when it's complete. Great job.

Posted

I just looked up the power panel.. I really like that.  It is a very clean install and well laid out.  I may have to start saving the pennies for some of the items you have here.  Clean updated and clutter free.. I really like it!

Posted

I also agree ,that is really clean ,good job

Posted

Thanks guys, yeah it all kind of snowballed. I started out looking for a turn coordinator and a heading indicator so I could fly at night, and discovered that the dynon Efis was cheaper and lighter. Then I decided to go with the Dynon Ems to take care of the engine instruments. Then the old gps would have looked out of place, and I didn't like the look of the old toggle switches and breakers, and before I knew it I was redoing the whole works.

I'll be doing a new weight and balance once I get everything installed, I am indeed hoping that it will be a couple of pounds lighter than before. It's getting really close to being my dream airplane, I just need a set of bushwheels, a decent tailwheel, and an inflight adjustable prop.

1 person likes this

Posted

Whew, Nice!  Just don't add up those reciepts. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Very nice! Between the 912ULS and that panel, that's one hell of an upgrade. More like a whole new plane. I say $$$$'s be damned, you're gonna LOVE it!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah hopefully the wife doesn't look at the credit card statement to closely this month... I'll try and post some pics and video once I get this bird in the air again.

1 person likes this