Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Matco MC 3 master cyl- ebay

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I put in the first bid on these.  Already increased max bid.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Seller is same guy Joey got his KF bungee gear from.

Posted

I think I have bought parts from this seller too.  Hoping these are 1/2 inch bore, not 5/8???

EDMO

Posted

Ed,

I have a pair of MC-5's I took out of my Avid to put the shorter MC-4GH's in. I installed the 'intensifier' kit in them in my first attempt to improve braking. These are the ones with the reservoir built into the top. Make me an offer if you are interested!

Mark

Posted

Mark,

Thanks for the offer - Luke just sold me a set of the MC3's to match the set on ebay.

ED

Posted

Mark,

Thanks for the offer - Luke just sold me a set of the MC3's to match the set on ebay.

ED

Ed,

Glad you found what you were looking for! These are just sitting on my workbench at the hangar, would have offered them earlier if I knew you needed them. It would have been a good excuse to venture through the STL class B in the cherokee :-)

Mark

Posted

Mark,

If you need another set of the short MC-4??? - Let me see what works out with these MC-3s - 

EDMO

Posted

Mark,

Did you notice a difference with the intensifier kit's installed? I've always been curious how much difference it would make. I've read differing reports on if and how much of a change they make once installed.

Posted

Kenneth,

There was a noticeable improvement.  It went from barely holding at 3000rpm  to about 4000rpm, still short of runup rpms.  I made new pedals, and switch to the shorter MC4GH cylinders to get the Matco recommend 2.5x1 mechanical advantage, and now I can hold it at full throttle.  If I ever get back out to the hangar, I'll take pictures of the new pedals, they are pretty simple to do if you switch to the shorter cylinders.

Mark