Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cancelled

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I was hoping to post a bunch of photos from the EAA pioneer airport ultralight fly in tomorrow.

It was cancelled about an hour ago due to forecast winds of 20 gusting 35. I've flown in that before. Doable if necessary, but NOT fun!

Posted

I've never heard of a Fly-in being cancelled because of a forecast. When if it's only blowing 10 all day tomorrow? I know they are fairly accurate but that seems kind of harsh. I guess it is an ultralight thing though. Half of them were probably going to show up on trailers anyways.

Posted (edited)

This is an event put on by part 103 ultra lighters for ultra lighters. It was a good call to cancel for this year.

This was to be a restart of the Ultralight day fly in at pioneer airport on the Oshkosh EAA grounds. These guys are flyers. Not parachute trailer haulers. You'll meet some of them this summer.

On the tail of the forecast nasty winds are severe thunderstorms for the afternoon into the overnight through Sunday am. This was supposed to be an over night trip. We will have another later in August that most of these guys will come to as a makeup.

This used to be a big deal for many years, until Hightower killed it. Now that he's gone (good riddance) they are trying to bring it back.

Edited by Av8r3400
1 person likes this

Posted

Sweet...we get so spoiled with our Weather here.