Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Highwing Cabane gear for sale

20 posts in this topic

Posted

New set of Cabane style highwing gear. chromoly construction,very nice! Used to fabricate jigs only.

As shipped from highwing. 1500.00. Offers? Looks like this gear.

post-660-0-32213800-1402967285_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I am running that gear on my Avid MK IV and really like it.  They are great guys to deal with and very helpful.

Posted

Welcome Xguy, just curious if you picked up that plane at an estate auction in OH last year? I haven't seen too many 4's with the orange powder coat like mine and tend to take notice. I almost drove over to check out the auction but schedule conflicts won out. Does good on the bush gear!

Posted

Welcome Xguy, just curious if you picked up that plane at an estate auction in OH last year? I haven't seen too many 4's with the orange powder coat like mine and tend to take notice. I almost drove over to check out the auction but schedule conflicts won out. Does good on the bush gear!

That is the kitfox that sold at the estate auction. I ended up buying it from the guy that got it at the auction. He made a little but at least I knew what he gave for it. Very nice and complete kit,

I upgraded a few things (like the gear). Just fired the rotax this weekend. Runs great!!

Posted

Had a feeling. It did look very complete and what work had been done looked pretty nice too, good for you. Sad though, that another builder went West without realizing his dream. Make him proud!

Posted

Had a feeling. It did look very complete and what work had been done looked pretty nice too, good for you. Sad though, that another builder went West without realizing his dream. Make him proud!

Will do my best! Will have a lot of xtras left over after the build. Trying to keep it light. and simple Will post more parts when I get time. Need to find a few active kitfox typ people in the Mi. In. Oh. Area. Would like to get some time in one before I finish .

Thanks everyone Mike

Posted

Ok guys let's make it 1400.00. Need to buy some more parts! This is new never installed set! BUSH GEAR!

Check out the cost at highwing llc

Posted

Xguy,

Just wondering what the track is on that gear, and how tall - My Grove is 80" outside of 600x6 tires, and 34" tall.

EDMO

Posted

does this Kitfox gear have the same mounting locations as the Avid?

Posted

Ed the outside measurement is. 85". From the ground to the planes underbelly is. 31". This is with 21 x12x8. Tires

Bird dog I don't know if the avid is the same. If you want I. Could post some measurements.

Posted (edited)

does this Kitfox gear have the same mounting locations as the Avid?

Yes. on the gear legs up through the MK IV's not sure what KF had after that.

No- on the cabane the widths are different 

I had an avid gear, switched to a KF gear and now have a modified Ridge Runner gear. the fore and aft mounting locations are the same. might be off by just a smidge but it only took slight filing and all dropped into place on all three gears onto my avid airframe.

Edited by High Country

Posted

Measurements would be great. I've always thought they were interchangable but just saw a kitfox III a couple weeks ago and the gear mounts looked alot different than my Avid.

Posted

Just measured the attach points on the mod IV, looks like overall front to rear is 13.5"

Front width c to c. Is 32 3/16"

Rear width c to c is 32 3/8". I measured with a tape measure by myself so I could be off a little.

Thanks everyone. Mike

Posted

Have you painted or powder coated the landing gear?

Posted

Should have read post better,as shipped.

Bare metal.

Posted

Yes they are bare metal. No mods, completely stock. Very nice gear! All the bolts and paperwork.

Posted

Do you still have this gear for sale?

Posted

Do you still have this gear for sale?

Yes I do,

Very nice gear,as shipped from highwing. Mounting bolts,paperwork,etc...

I only used it to make jigs for my gear. Perfect condition save some money 1400.00 + shipping!

Thanks. Mike

1 person likes this

Posted

New set of Cabane style highwing gear. chromoly construction,very nice! Used to fabricate jigs only.

Still have this gear guys! It's new new new. Someone needs this more than I do. Save some $$$$$$!

Posted

Looks like the gear is SOLD. Thanks everyone!

1 person likes this