Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

AILERON TRAVEL

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone know what the aileron travel up and down should be?

Posted (edited)

Sam,

All my Avid Magnum manual says is:  "With the control stick in neutral position, and the flap lever in forward position, level the flaperons to (Zero to minus 3 degrees) using the 5th rib level, and connect the control rods."  "When the flap lever is in full rear position, the flaperons should not be more than 15 degrees down".

I believe one of the Avid owners was saying that, "with full flaps, and full aileron, you have about 26 degrees down on the down side" - But you will have to verify that with the Avid guys.

My Kitfox 4 manual only states the part about leveling the flaperons using fixtures that you make.

In General, if you have differential flaperons/ailerons, the up aileron should be Twice the degrees as the down aileron.  One plane I owned had 25 degrees up, and 12.5 down ailerons.

Maybe someone can give you better info - that is all I have.

What Plane do you have?  Do you have identical, or differential flaperons?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

My Book says to limit the flap deflection to 15 degrees. If the flapperons are deflected more than 15 degrees, they begin to lose their effect as ailerons.

If the flaperons are allowed to deflect over 20 degrees, control reversal can result where left input could cause the plane to roll right. 

By the way I have the Avid Mark IV Book with a Revision Date of 11/01/91 

Wild Bill

Edited by Wild Bill

Posted

Did you Search 'Flaperon rigging'? Lots of good info in several threads.