Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Announcement

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Everything is now final, so I can officially announce that:

:beerchug:  [glow=yellow,2,300]I am a Kitfox Owner![/glow]  :beerchug:

I have bought a "flying" model Classic VI-1200.  It's got a 912UL 80hp, Grove gear, panel mounted GPS and lots of bugs to fix before I fly it again.

Wish me luck.  (I may need it...)  :nobashing:

Posted

:beerchug:  :beerchug: 

Sweet!  you have it in your possesion yet. 

Posted

Git 'er done!!

627_c58b83598319834a1abf171f5288b8c9e211

Posted

:beerchug:  :beerchug: 

Sweet!  you have it in your possesion yet. 

Yup, she's home, in my garage.  Actually, it's been there for a couple of weeks now, just waiting on paperwork to clear before I spoke up too much about it.

The Mrs & I hauled it home in a UHaul truck over Memorial Weekend.

The project will really begin after the 4th, I hope.  I have some other Irons in the fire that need to be finished first, then I'll take lots of photos and document everything on my website as I go (I think).

Posted

Awesome where are the pictures?

Posted

Teaser...  More to come, soon.

629_70ecbf57a76b6775d4684f3f9b779ce4a295

Posted

ok so where are the more to come pics... take some shots of the fabric damage or paint issues that you are worried about, we can give you some arm chair advise :lol:

Posted

First one to keep it on topic, next three are why I'm not doing anything on the plane now...

657_2c223e3b43175e1876470f31f0245328bd2d

659_6d2bad7340a4765d796bea358f713da3a7c9

661_50a5caa956790e98a01c65fba1c468707707

663_e8184e7d7354f5834943fa4aff236af30e16

Posted

Look closely in picture named Shop(1) and you will see my milling machine still sitting on my trailer.  That's gotta get hooked up yet, too...

Too many irons in the fire!

Posted

right on, looks likeyou will have a sweet place to work on it once your done.

oh, and dont worry about staying on topic here, I dont care too much and wont gripe like other sites will.

:beerchug:

Posted

40' x 25' with a 12.5' wall and a MILLING MACHINE!!.   :beerchug:

I'm keeping an eye open for a small lathe, too.  I should be able to stay out of trouble with this stuff, don-cha think?

Posted

After heat and water, the next most important utilities are cable TV and high-speed internet. You would be wise also to add a fridge large enough to hold a 1/2 keg tap and a few comfortable couches / chairs. You're gonna need it when your dear forgotten wife kicks you to the curb for spending so much time in that palace playing with your man-toys!  :beerchug:

Posted

Okay, they must be like guns or girlfriends.  You can never have just one.   :shitfan:

I helped out a friend in trouble and bought his Model IV-1050 E-LSA off him.  This one is a little different:  It is a real beauty.  As ugly as my Mangy-Fox 1200 is this one is that pretty.

I'm on the road for work right now, but when I get back I'll get some pictures up.

Posted

SWEET!  Two are not enough either :lol:  Well now you have a sweetheart to play with while you do your other one up right!

:beerchug:

Posted

Hello, not much on introductions but I'm interested in an Avid Mk 4 or a kitfox 4, I've been lurking here for awhile, trying to learn, would you care to part with one of your kitfoxes? I've been looking for a good one preferably an unfinished kit on barnstormers and there just too pricey when you don't know what you're getting.

Posted

Hello, not much on introductions but I'm interested in an Avid Mk 4 or a kitfox 4, I've been lurking here for awhile, trying to learn, would you care to part with one of your kitfoxes? I've been looking for a good one preferably an unfinished kit on barnstormers and there just too pricey when you don't know what you're getting.

Welcome to the forum!! There are a lot of airplanes for sale right now on Barnstormers. With the economy the way it is it's probably way cheaper to buy a flying airplane right now.

Posted

I've made some offers on barnstormers but that seems to piss them off, I guess they think they have them priced low enough as they are, strange bunch we are sometimes. I have a rans I'm flying so I'm not desperate just would rather build a nice 2 seater that i want to keep. I'll keep looking. I enjoy the posts on here, makes me jelous, I fly alone

mostly, but it's still great!

Posted

I've made some offers on barnstormers but that seems to piss them off, I guess they think they have them priced low enough as they are, strange bunch we are sometimes. I have a rans I'm flying so I'm not desperate just would rather build a nice 2 seater that i want to keep. I'll keep looking. I enjoy the posts on here, makes me jelous, I fly alone

mostly, but it's still great!

well post up pics and stories! I am into all types of flying, not just Avids n Kitfox! if it floats, flys or well you know the rest post em up :lol:

:BC:

Posted

post-134-1267501743272_thumb.jpgpost-134-1267501995825_thumb.jpgI;ll try to post some pics and if you type in racegunz on youtube you can see me landing in the field by my house.

Stories, they'll have to wait for now. :P