Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Terriffic Wind-T

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If you have never been to Whitehorse, Canada, then you haven't had the joy of seeing the World's Best:

DC-3 Wind-T - photo attached.   I think it would have been easier to spot if they had painted the topside bright orange, because from the air it just looks like any other parked twin, unless you know what to look for next to the highway and motel.

EDMO

post-399-0-60817900-1405145132_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

That is cool,I need one of those on my roof

Posted (edited)

I've got a Kitfox 1 you could build and put on your roof....just put 2 engines on it.. :lol:

EDMo

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

post-232-0-08121700-1405313469_thumb.jpgYou guys are talking about my home town!  Ed, I'll take your suggestion to the mayor. Next time we're getting drunk that is.

Posted

I'm not sure if that is a wind-T, or static, Looks Great tho!  Although I don't think I saw it move, but maybe no wind for a change there.

Good folks in Whitehorse - Western Auto got his butt chewed by his wife for being late to something while he stayed overtime to rebuild my alternator on a Saturday evening.

EdMO

Posted (edited)

The DC 3 does in fact turn with the wind. Here is a link about it: http://explorenorth.com/library/aviation/cf-cpy.html

Cheers B

Edited by IFMT
1 person likes this