Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

plane camping , Sullivan and McGregor

8 posts in this topic

Posted

We've had the opportunity to go plane camping five time so far this summer. This one to sullivan lake Washington was real fun .there was ten planes there the last night .we stayed for three nights and met a lot of great people from all over the western states. Colville is only 35miles away for groceries and supplies .then the next weekend I talked my wife into driving the truck and camper and I flew my little float plane to McGregor lake Montana. Awesome weather and I made a landing on hwy 2 for a gas stop.landing on highways is legal in Montana, just have to wait for traffic to open up.I did put a nice little kink in our new camper backing down a road. But had fun nonetheless.

post-574-0-09014500-1405894001_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-75325300-1405894150_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-68089100-1405894267_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-98987700-1405894473_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-95586300-1405894559_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-78057600-1405894681_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-23068100-1405894764_thumb.jpg

post-574-0-04257700-1405894841_thumb.jpg

7 people like this

Posted

Looks like alot of fun,and nice pictures, must a turned some heads when you pull up to the pumps in a float plane.

Posted

not too many on landing but about 40 when I took off

Posted

Great pictures Mike, thanks for posting them.  Way to get out and use those planes!  I am glad to hear that MT is still pretty reasonable on allowing planes to land on the roads.  I was surprised how restrictive they were on landing in the CM Russell wildlife refuge area where we have been deer huntin down there the past couple of years but maybe that is Fed land?

Posted

Great pictures Mike..  I am thinking about JC again sometime in August.

Posted

thanks its been a fun flying summer that's for sure Randy ,ive also had a little friction on fed land (its kind of funny when they crudely cross out plate number and write down your n number on the warning)but the RAF website has a printable version of the Montana law and I keep a copy in both planes.

Paul I would love to finally make it in to Johnson so let me know when your goin again , I even bought the fishing license for the trip ,didn't get to use it. when is their flyin?

Posted

I think that they had the fly-in earlier, BCP held theirs somewhere else this year which escapes me at the moment.  I have a friend in Canada that may try to fly in also.  Thinking about three weeks from now but I will get on the ball and see if I can get the prop spinnin', does that sound like something that might work for you?  Any one else interested feel free to chime in here. 

Posted

Bcp fly in was at Garden Valley this year.