Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB - Rotax B gear box

4 posts in this topic

Posted

looking for a B gear box if anyone has one laying around they want to get rid of. I picked up a 582 to replace my 532 and need a box for it. will also be needing a new regulator rectifier as the one for my points engine is different.

Robert

Posted

Robert

I have one I'm not using.

Sent you a message

Bob

Posted

Robert - Just curious why you would opt for the B box over a C box? I understand the weight penalty but the C box allows improved torsional vibration dampening and 2x the prop weight mass inertia, a requirement if you will ever use a larger diameter or heavy Warp prop IMHO. After trying multiple prop/gearbox combinations, the original builder of my KF3 removed his 2.58 B box in favor of a 2.62 C box w/ 68" 3-blade and never went back.

Posted

Robert - Just curious why you would opt for the B box over a C box? I understand the weight penalty but the C box allows improved torsional vibration dampening and 2x the prop weight mass inertia, a requirement if you will ever use a larger diameter or heavy Warp prop IMHO. After trying multiple prop/gearbox combinations, the original builder of my KF3 removed his 2.58 B box in favor of a 2.62 C box w/ 68" 3-blade and never went back.

in one word - "Budget" 

I know there are better options and I would like to change at a later time but at the moment we are pretty broke and just want to be in the air and this seems to be the cheapest route.

Bob has taken care of us just waiting for the mail man now :) Thanks again Bob

1 person likes this