Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Howdy, I'm Art Johnson in Nevada and I just bought an Avid C

9 posts in this topic

Posted

model serial #378 and I need the original build plans, paperwork etc. that didn't come with the plane.

If anybody can help with this, I'd appreciate. TIA

I plan to be a fairly regular poster, but I need to become more familiar with this bird before I can talk much about it.

It has a Subaru engine.

Posted

Art,

Welcome to the Soob minorities on here - the snow-machine drivers are very tolerant of us.  I think the build manual for your plane is on here somewhere - maybe others can direct you to it or help with what you need.

EDMO - Foxy Suberflapper -

Posted

Welcome Art look here for the build manual and etc.  Oops, keep forgetting linking won't work with IE on this site, anyway look in the Avid Flyer General Hanger on this site and you will find most of what you are looking for.  Is this a completed and flying aircraft, N-number, airworthiness certificate and etc. or is this a work in progress?  There is also some info in the Yahoo site files section that will be helpful but this site has a lot of knowledgeable folk here to help you thru the process.  How about posting some pictures so we can get an idea where you are in the process.

Posted

Slinger welcome to the site and congrats on your new bird. you should be able to find the build manuals here

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/forum/24-avid-build-manual/ don't hesitate to ask any specific questions as there is always someone here that can answer them. good luck with your new project

Posted

Plane has N number; looking through four inches of paper work to sort out unfamiliar terminologies.

Plane still on a trailer the way it arrived. Was told it flew six weeks ago. Hmmmm. Log book looks like it was active until 2013.

Just sold a C-172 I had for 19 years. Cancer. Treatable; cureable; we'll see. Don't have the patience or time to fight FAA next medical.

I have a year to go on a good class 3 but when/If I were to go again, I'd get slammed, so on to the drover's license and a lighter rig. :french11:

Computers are so arcane to my neandrathal mind, pictures are a future dream, but I'll try. Rather weld mufflers on my Studebakers upside down.

Stopped in Casper for fuel in 2000 on way back from OSH in the Cessna.

Thanks for responding.

Posted

Welcome to the Neanderthal / Dinosaur club too!  If my feeble mind could figure it out, (with some help here), you can too.

I belong to the X-class 3 club too, along with some others on here.

Good flying, and keep posting.

EDMO

Posted

welcome art ,what do you think of your plane so far?they are wonderful planes once you get to know em

Posted

Hi Slinger,

You found a good place for information about these planes. I bought an old kit back in January, and I've been learning a lot from everyone here. Good luck with your project.

Luke D.

Posted

Well, I found the battery and am mollified it's in the tailcone to mitigate some of the Soob's weight.

The more I pore ever the plane the more I like it and the fact that I can change/modify things more easily than the Cessna.

I lurked some to begin with, and I value the knowledge and helpful demeaners here.

And much thanx to akflyer for getting me hooked up.