Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Plane & Pilot Midwest LSA Expo Sept. 4-6, 2014

11 posts in this topic

Posted

1.jpg   

Greetings from Mt. Vernon, Illinois - proud home of the Plane & Pilot Midwest LSA Expo and EAA Chapter 1155.  The event is just over two weeks away.  This is your official invitation!

The event is in its 6th year and is scheduled for Thursday, September 4th, through, Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at Mt. Vernon Outland Airport (KMVN), Mt. Vernon, Illinois.  Along with nearly every major LSA distributor on the flightline, there will also be a great mix of STOL, Part 103, gyroplanes, and homebuilts.  There is a unique event because it is one of the few that offers the attendee the ability to comparison shop and then quickly and conveniently take demo flights.  Visit www.midwestlsashow.com for all the details. 

I am very excited about this year's expo.  My team and I are doing everything possible to further aviation at this event:

Admission to the Plane & Pilot Midwest LSA Expo is FREE!  The welcome mat is out for everyone.  Hopefully a few new pilot starts will occur.

The best in the business are scheduled for three days of Seminars/Forums.  Navigating via iPAD, Gyroplane Operations, and Flying to the Bahamas are just a few of the topics.

In conjunction with the Jefferson County Hall of Honor and Colonel R.D. White Veterans Museum (www.VeteransHallofHonor.com), a Veterans Reunionwill be held inside the museum daily during the Expo.  Come meet some of the heroes responsible for our freedom.  Different Warbird aircraft are expected to be on static display supporting the Veterans Reunion.

Women With Wings, the St. Louis Chapter of Women In Aviation, will be hosting their Aircraft Washon Saturday, September 6th.  The WWW Aircraft Wash raises scholarship funds for aspiring female aviators in the St. Louis Metro.

93 Octane/10% Ethanol Premium Auto Fuel will be availablefor the Rotax powered aircraft.  The airport has mobile JetA, 100LL, and RoGas capabilities.

Free camping is availableat the airport.  Whether it is under the wing of your airplane, in a tent down by our lakeshore shelter, or in a land schooner plugged into our electrical grid, we have a great spot for you.  Stay one night or several.  Free showers are available too.

Of course there are many hotel rooms just three miles from the airport.  Catch a free shuttleto hotel row - no need for ground transportation. 

Visit us at www.midwestlsashow.com for more information.

Please forward this invitation to all of your aviation contacts.   I look forward to seeing you in September!

Chris Collins

EAA 1155 Secretary

Plane & Pilot Midwest LSA Expo

www.midwestlsashow.com

(618) 315-5462 (cell)

(618) 242-7016 (office)

1 person likes this

Posted

I received tubing from Wicks today - ordered it yesterday!

Is anyone going to the LSA meet at Mt. Vernon, Illinois?   The J3 is going to Wisconsin that week, so I might just drive over to the LSA gathering.

EDMO

Posted

I'm thinking about it, but won't know for sure until a day or so before I go.  Probably just fly the Cherokee over.

Mark

Posted

Mark,

Look for me there if I go - U.S. Army on black cap, on a short, ugly old man, and I will try to wear my Blue EAA nametag.

EDMO

1 person likes this

Posted

If I go, I'll send you a PM.  I'll be a not tall, not handsome, not quite as old man with a piper yellow Jack Brown Seaplane base hat on.  And likely a tropical shirt - I like to pretend I'm in Florida even when I'm not.

Mark

Posted (edited)

Mark,

If you don't have it already, I will PM and trade cel numbers with you - Thinking I will go Saturday and stay at Holiday Inn near I-57 and hwy 15 that night - look around Sunday and come home - got to read it again and see what is best.

EDMO

Well, reading it again - looks like I may go on Thursday or Friday instead of Saturday.

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Forecast for Mt. Vernon is 106F heat index, and probably 130F on tarmac - Guess I will stay home and read new Wicks catalog.  They had 4 inches of snow in Barrow, AK this morning!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

It is snowing here at work right now... its not sticking, buts its a mini blizzard :lol:

106°  hmm, I will take the snow :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

You can have the snow, I'll take the 106!

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

High here tomorrow of 88º with a heat index of 100º.

Friday is forecast for 65º high.

Saturday for Merrill Airport Day is 62º.

I love Wisconsin...

Posted

It is 74F in my puter room right now - that works for me any time of year, and anywhere!  :lol:

EDMO