Doe's anyone make a transport kit for Avid's

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was looking threw the Kitfox catalog and saw a transport kit for when you trailer your plane and would like to know if either that kit would work on my MK 4 or if one is made for the Avid.

Edited by 959

Posted

No, the Kitfox parts won't fit.  You would have to get the Avid one from Brett, and we all know that's not going to be any time soon.   :hammerhead:

I suggest making your own.  1/2" electrical conduit works well for the front braces (from lower longeron to front spar when folded) and the rear braces can be fabbed from nearly anything.

Posted

Thx for the reply.

You saved me the $399 kitfox wanted for the kit

Marv

Posted

Could someone send me pictures of the front braces for the wings.

THX Marv

Posted (edited)

These are 3/4" metal electrical conduit.  You can make two from a 10 foot stick.

DyuAMgx.jpg

xaTWQ4I.jpg

rJTpzJx.jpg

Edited by tcj
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

tcj, Nice Bird,

Are those long pins a commercial item? Or, did you just cut the end off of a 5/16 bolt? I have been looking for long eye-bolts with the small eye, but cant find them that long.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

tcj

thx for the pictures I now understand how to make the pieces I will need to make.

Marv

Posted

tcj, Nice Bird,

Are those long pins a commercial item? Or, did you just cut the end off of a 5/16 bolt? I have been looking for long eye-bolts with the small eye, but cant find them that long.

EDMO

Ed, yes I cut the threads off some bolts to make the pins.   I trailer for each flight.  I don't want to use threaded bolts for the hardware and be inserting and removing threads and waller out the wing fittings.