anyone fly or have flown a kitfox lite?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone flown or have a kitfox lite? I put a 447 on one but it could use a little more power for quick climb out. Just wondering if anyone had played with these. :blush:

Posted

Not quite the same plane, but I owned and flew a Himax with a 447 and 60" 3 blade IVO on it.  It climbed out very well.  I have a video on youtube of me taking off on skis.  Search for himaxflyer and you will find it.  Short takeoff and climbed like a homesick angel.  How heavy is your plane.  Weight ofcourse is a killer for aircraft performance.  What RPM are you turning during full power climbout?  JIm Chuk

Posted

It is a bit heavy, but not more than the other UL that I have. It is about 40 lb over. The 377 just didnt get me what I wanted so I put the 447 on, I have a 503 fresh and ready to go but thought I would try the 447 first. I have a 60" GSC 2 blade on it. I have played with the pitch several times, no big difference either way except cruise and the darn EGT temps! I it to turn 6200 to 6400! either way it climbs out good on a clear day that is not totally saturated. But at the higher RPM I dont like where EGT run. If I load it up a bit while in the air they do come down, or if I put a half degree more pitch in it they run nice. Timing and jetting is correct. I made the mounts so I could fit the 447 and B box. Had to make them just a bit taller to clear the mount. I do know the GSC unload more than others in flight.

I have flown the hi max and N3 pup, this one out performs them both in all aspects.

When I have it pitched for 6200 tied down it does the best climb and cruise and EGT look good.

This plane is NOT hard to handle on the ground like the AVID flyer I had.

I would also like to put the wingtip strobes on but the wing ends have no place to mount them, it is just covered right at the end of the rib. Stand offs or wingtips would make the job better.

The other thing I like about this plane is it handles a bit more wind and is very sensitive on the controls! If the wing pitches it corrects very fast!

I also can get it in and out of my short strip! No problem landing in either, cross the tree line, hard slip and drop right in and grease it in! Lots of leg room to compared to the avid!

I am just doing small things to customize it to be MY PLANE :) It has custom doors but I dont like the way the hinges were made. Very flimsy.

I need to get heat hooked up soon too! I will fly all year as long as I have room to push snow and hope we dont get a bunch like last winter!! I ran out of room to plow it!