Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Piper wing ribs

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Chris, I am not as adventureous as you. I still have 2 stroke fear from my early years of flying ultralights that quit running quit often. A  4 stroke Avid or Kitfox is a different animal . If I had one I would fly it anwhere that I didn't need the extra seats or wasn't in a hurry. I use my Cessna for Traveling with friends or just the wife and her STUFF she needs to go away for a couple of days. No Kitfox could carry the load that my wife NEEDS to bring along on an overnight trip??? If I ever go light sport we will need to ship her extra stuff in advance just so there is room for her pocket book! But, She loves flying and that makes up for the extra stuff.

Posted

I totally understand and agree. I misread your post which is why I responded initially the way I did. Then I had to back pedal! :-)

And I will say that at times the two stroke added excitement in the back country, but I took care of it and it took care of me. 

Posted

Taking care of a 2 stroke is very important and I am NOT an engine guy. My brother and a couple of other friends are the engine guys and with out them, I would stick to spamcans. I love flying the light stuff more with a 2 stroke because of the power to weight ratio but, I wouldn't own one with out the group of guys that help me with the engine stuff.