Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

For Sale: Avid Flyer fiberglass floats

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,  I really don't have any use for these floats, so I'm putting them up for sale.  I don't know a whole lot about floats, I got them with a project I picked up a couple of years ago.  I did ask about them at the time on the Team Kitfox Forum, and Paul Seehaufer commented about them.  He is big into floats and Kitfoxes and Avids, and said he flew these floats for about 1000 hrs.  He thought max gross weight was 1200 lb.  max.  If anyone wants to see what he and other said about them, look for the post entitled Avid fiberglass floats questions on the Team Kitfox site.  Anyway, I have to get $1500 for them.  If necessary, I could build a crate to ship them in if I got paid for the materials, ect.  I'm in northern Mn, 60 miles NNW of Duluth, and about 80 miles S of International Falls.  I have more pics, but I'll just put up a few here now.  I have the water rudders, but not the spreader bars and mounting bars.  Thanks for looking.  218-254-two four zero four.  Jim Chuk

post-329-0-60064600-1411783443_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-37718400-1411783458_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-13272500-1411783473_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-34005600-1411783492_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-24493700-1411783519_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-23124500-1411783536_thumb.jpg

post-329-0-58987700-1411783550_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

Jim,

I probably know less about floats than you or anyone else - If someone has a use for it, I have what might be part or all of the attachment mount that came with my kitfox 1 - whether it is complete or has been cut is beyond my knowledge.  I could post a photo if anyone needs it - just pay the shipping.   I also have the (pectral?) fin that goes under the tail.  I don't swim!

EdMO

Posted

Hi Ed,  If you could post the pictures, that would be great!  Jim Chuk

Posted

Fox attaching gear for floats is not a bolt on for avid, foxes have a attachment point further forward!!!!!!

Posted

I think the mod III is when they put the forward mount on.  I and II should work.  Atleast thats how the ones I have seen here are.  I used my full lotus mounts from skystar on the KF II and my Avid.

:BC:

Posted

Jim, If you were closer I would snatch these up, I have always wanted to try the floats that were designed for the Avid :lol:  The EDO 1320's I am running now are kinda hard to beat though I think, they work REALLY well on the Avid.

Posted

Hey Leni,  I could build the shipping box, but the freight would be a killer anyway.  Maybe some will turn up closer for you!  Jim Chuk

Posted

Akflyerbob has a set I am going to have to try and talk him out of... atleast long enough to bolt them on and try them.

FWIW, I have heard a rumour that all his KF's (Mod I, III and IV) and Avid Amphib are up for sale.. I will go bug him when I get in and see what the real scoop is.

Posted

Jim, and Trackwelder,

Sorry I cant get to the photo and parts search right now - Minor disaster started yesterday with upstairs toilet leaking and it looks like a major teardown of the bathroom floor to replace it and all the tiles that have cracked.   I will get back to you when I can.

EDMO