406-388-3099

Jab cowl molds

MKIV cowl and Inst panel molds

All Magnum fiberglass

1 person likes this

Posted

His email is ronallpro@yahoo.com   Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

I wonder if he has the fiberglas butt ribs and how much.   Or, am I thinking of Kitfox???

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Kitfox does not have and never had a fiberglass butt rib.

Posted

Larry,

My Kitfox catalog has them for the 5 and later at $51 a pair, unless I am reading it wrong - I thought the Avid Magnum also had them, but have to check my manual on that.

EDMO

Posted

I've never seen one installed... ?

If they had them at one time, I stand corrected. They do not any more. The new SS planes don't come with such a thing.

Posted

Butt ribs, there would be an easy part to make, do you need STOL or Speedwing profile? I have the STOL if you wanted a different airfoil send me a paper pattern and I will make some up. I am looking for simple easy parts that I could build to add to my building fund. My wife will graduate nursing school in May but until then it is just my disability paying her tuition and all our other expenses, the plane winds up getting left out some months.

Posted

Thanks Trackwelder, but I plan to make my own - mine are real bastards - nothing like them for Avid or Kitfox - 30 years of doing fiberglas - don't mind laminating, but sure hate grinding!

EdMO

Posted

Hi all,  well I got my cowl from Ron (All Pro Composites in Montana)  today, actually 1 1/2 cowls.  Complete Jabiru Avid cowl, and the bottom of a MK cowl.  Prices are very reasonable in my opinion.   I did have to wait for a long time, but that's not a negative on Ron.  I told him I was in no rush, whenever he got to them would be fine.  Well don't know how long they will sit on the shelf, hope to get real busy on that plane this winter.  At any rate, one more piece of the puzzle is at hand.  Jim Chuk