Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

John Larsen's article found in October 2003 Kitplanes mag.

5 posts in this topic

Posted

My wife seems to have a problem with my books, papers, tools, etc. being where she can see them - On a rare day, I got around to going thru some boxes she had been telling me for about a year that were not out-of-sight and cluttering a small corner in "her" basement:   After trashing about 99% of the old stuff, I happened to glance at an old Kitplanes mag that had an interesting article and photos of  Airdale Kit #1 that I had watched being built in Alaska that belonged to David Goode, as well as a photo of Jerry Matison's Airdale on floats.

The article is "Creating an Airplane Kit" part 1, by John M. Larsen.   He tells about how he created the Airdale after receiving a list of improvements that David Goode said the Avid planes needed. 

Note:  David and John had both wrecked their Avids before John started finalizing the Airdale.

I am guessing that part 2 might be in the next issue, and I don't have that one right now.  He also talks about Steve Winder in the article.

I guess if anyone is interested, back copies may be online or available from Kitfox magazine.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

I'll look back in my box of mags and see if I have that issue and the next

Edited by birddog486

Posted

I wonder if this is one of the articles that Joey was posting some time ago?

EDMO

Posted

I don't think I have that article. When I purchased Pursang from John he let me go through his computer and I took every article I could find that he had on it. Who knows what all I have since I haven't ever gone through it all. I copied them all onto a DVD. Now to just remember where I put it....

Posted (edited)

Kenneth,

If I can get my daughter to help, I will post the 3 or so pages of John Larsen's Kitplanes article on here - I only have part 1 of it, but it is interesting info on the Pursang/Airdale.

Are you making any progress on your new plane?   Mine has been on hold for a couple of weeks because of:

1.  Toilet seal failed, and bathroom floor had to be replaced, and ceiling tile in basement ruined.

2.   Bathroom sink drain came loose and ruined ceiling tile in basement.

3.   Got a flue shot and came down with fever and chills, now feel like an elephant sat on me.

4.   Furnace keeps going out - had technicians look at it twice in last week - still going out and will be down to 35F here tonight - Gas company wont send anyone out until Monday.

5.   Wife has a long list of "Honey-Do's" (but isn't that always the case!)    

EDMO

I posted John's article, "Creating an Airplane Kit", in the Avid section / Fat Avid, Airdale, etc.  3 pages - hope you can read it.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri