Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PLASTIC STRUT FAIRINGS?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

I went to the site, but couldn't link into a parts catalog.

EDMO

Posted

Aero light 103 sells fairings, use to be a Terry Barbers com.

I designed , and sold Dennis a slicer so there a easey snap on fairing

Posted (edited)

Any more info you can post on these? I found the site - $200 for 4 eight-foot pieces is a good price.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Now you guys have me all paranoid. My struts have had the wood fairings on em for over 20 years. I've never done anything with them inspection wise as they appear to be sealed up very good. As EZ mentioned there is really no way to inspect them other than cutting a piece off. I suppose I should take a peek at them though.

I looked at the Quad City Challenger booth during Osh and yes they sell 3 different sizes of fairing. I bought my horizontal stab strut fairing from Rans. Don't think Kitfox is your only option for parts.

Posted

I should have mentioned that Aerolite sells 2 different sizes - the price for the small one is what I quoted - it fits up to 1.25" round struts. I pulled the wood off of my KF 2 struts and did not find corrosion, although I didn't like that the builder had only put primer on them.

EDMO

Posted

I have them on my Quad city challenger, I dont think they would be a good match for these planes. the challenger uses a 1.25 or 1.50 inch lift strut