Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Engine mount

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys! Newbie here. Been working on a Magnum kit I aquired a couple years ago. Came with most everything I need except the engine mount. I've read in another thread that Bret does not have the Magnum jigs and tooling. Anyone know where they went or who has access to them? I'm really not looking forward to fabing one myself. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

Posted (edited)

Scott,
What engine are you going to use? I found it was easier to use a mount that came with my Soob that was on a PelicanĀ and modify my firewall to bolt up to it - maybe there is a stock mount for your engine that you can use?
EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed, I have a Lyc O320 with dynafocal mount. I have a mount from the Cherokee it came from but the magnum mount design is quite different than just about anything else. There's a guy in the midwest that has a conical mount but he won't get back to me. Oh well, like everything else in the building process I'll just deal with it! I have a couple Magnums in the area to get measurments from plus Ron (member) has forwarded a drawing with dimensions. Still would rather find one built though! Thanks

Scott

Posted

My fuselage was built for the 2-cycle Rotax, and after I found the Soob I modified my fuselage to fit it - now I have a choice of either mount fitting the firewall, but I modified my fuselage to make a flat firewall.

EDMO