Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

scooped up a kitfox 1

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys just wanted to introduce my self and tell you I bought a kitfox 1. It looks to be an untouched kit, just got it in the garage today, I'm excited to start on it. bought it from Jim, nice guy and want to say thanks, not sure how much customizing I will do to this one, thinking about keeping it simple for once. Maybe some small stuff would like to beef up the lower carry thru, I guess, well that's all I got for tonight Ill post progress later.

post-999-0-67870100-1416707270_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-17106600-1416707421_thumb.jpg

Edited by TJay

Posted (edited)

Welcome TJay,

I've got a fuselage hanging from the ceiling of my shop that looks just like that one.  Building another one tho.  You will definitely want to beef-up that gear attach area, IMO.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have a complete 532 engine and model 4 engine mount available that I used on my model 1, for sale if needed.

Herman Pahls

Oregon

541 404 6464

Posted

Congrats!  A good buddy has a mod I I have some time in and I have a few hundred hours in a mod II.  I LOVE how light they are on the controls and how they fly, pure fun if your into low and slow.  Do yourself a favor and don't try to mod it into something that its not.  I would make an extended baggage just for a place to toss in the tent and sleeping bag if thats the kind of thing your into, and as you said, perhaps the lower carry through, but other than that, build it light and pure and have countless hours of fun low and slow with it.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

As I told TJay, I think this plane would be great with a HKS engine in it. Great fuel economy, should be good performance if it's built light. I saw an HKS on ebay with 78 hrs that didn't get any bids with an opening bid of $6500. Jim Chuk

1 person likes this