Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finally made it!

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Thanks Akflyer for the help. My new Vaio Win8 crashed shortly after I joined and I lost everything!!! :hammerhead:  Thankfully I had most of it backed up on an external drive.

Anyway, here are pics of my M-IV with a 582 for power. It sat for 12 years or so before I bought it. Had to replace all the rubber and completely redo the fuel system. Bush gear will be the next mod. plus the multi leaf tailspring.

DSCN6264_zps0246a4f6.jpg

DSCN6257_zps010568bc.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

a beautiful plane!!!What else can be honestly said. Thanks for sharing!!

Posted

Damn, that is a great looking plane! Keep the flight reports etc coming. Looking forward to seeing/hearing more about your plane and adventures.

:BC:

Posted

Nice! Very Nice

Posted

Thanks guys. I'll be workign on mocking up the new gear today. :)

Posted (edited)

Nice Avid - The duster planes in the background got my attention - look like Turbine engines - reminded me of my youth around the round-engine Stearmans and Snows - Where in Coon-ass state is that?

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

The only thing those duster planes have in common with the Stearmans is they fly low (but not slow), and drop stuff on crops (hopefully).  There were 4 of them operating out of the airport we flew young eages at this summer.  One of them called us over the radio and told us to watch for wake turbulence (I think he was yanking our chain a bit)- he was at gross of 16,000 lbs.   And it still took off in less than 1/2 of a 4000ft runway.  Those turbines just go! 

Link to the manufacturers page:

http://www.airtractor.com/aircraft/802a

Mark

Edited by mark

Posted (edited)

Could be that crop dusting is part of my problems - think I may have been in "Agent Orange" when young and holding flag for cotton dusters ! :huh: Guess now they use GPS?

and, they burned the cotton hulls in late fall until the air was so thick with smoke you could hardly breath - there had to be a lot of chemicals in that smoke.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

I grew up near a pecan plantation and I used to stare up at the crop duster flying over and occasionally got pelted with the spray! I grew 24" in one Summer! Ha! Just kidding, but I do wonder what those chemicals probably did to me!

Pretty Avid! I love the paint!

Ron

Edited by Ron

Posted (edited)

Talk about chemicals... I use to flag the aerial applicators in my youth. Mostly in rice fields. I think it affected my brain. I guess that is why I am so afflicted with speed and peril in other vehicles.

If you look at the restored tower behind my craft, you can tell where I am. Scott Field.

A video... it does run. :)

Edited by Fly-n-Low
1 person likes this