Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 time Kitfox II with Full Lotus Floats and traditional gear

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

One of our EAA chapter members has lowered the price on his bird for quick sale so I thought I would pass it along.  I will try to get some pics posted as well.

************************************************************************************************************************

Terry Wade wanted to pass along that he has lowered the price on his bird.  It is a 0 hr Kitfox II with Full Lotus floats (and also traditional gear, which it has on it now).  Airworthiness is complete and it is registered as ELSA.  Just has never been flown. Located in Charlton, NY.

His bargain price is $12,000.00    582 Rotax and 3 blade ground adjustable prop.  Extras.

His number is (518) 399-4999

Pics at:

Edited by LSaupe

Posted

The airplane has been sitting un-flown since 2007?

Posted

A Mod II on the full lotus floats makes a seriously kick ass float plane solo, or with a skinny friend as a passenger ( I am 200 and with a 150 or less passenger it does GREAT).  The video I have on youtube that has sold a ton of floats for those bastages is a mod II.  I can get it off in under 300' solo, and that's not too damn shabby for a float plane.

:BC:

Posted

Unfortunately I don't know the answers to your questions (just the messenger).  If interested, I am sure the owner could fill you in quickly.

I do know he took the new engine and sent it out for an overhaul to one of the Rotax service centers to make sure it was fresh (as it had been in storage for a long time prior to kit completion).  Not sure when that was however.

Posted

Stopped by Terry's today. The inspection was actually accomplished 14 Jan 2008.  Just before the deadline.

Engine has never been started (stored on the plane and in a garage). It did receive a new crank plus many updates to bring it closer to Blue head specs during the rebuild.