Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

*&%^#$@ radio !

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been trying to get a handheld radio and headset to work in my S7.(912)  I've tried a Icom A-12 and a Versa with different headsets.  They both are great on the ground with the headset.  I can receive very well in the air but my transmissions are full of noise.  Both radios and headset combinations do about the same thing.  I think it is background noise because everything sounds clear on the ground with the engine running and they receive so well. I have a wind muff on the mic and have tried a leather cover over that but no good.  Any suggestions ?         

Thanks

EG

Posted

Most noise canceling in your transmission comes from the microphone design.  There are usually two ports - one on the front of the mic and one on the back.  In theory, it should cancel out everything except your voice.

What headsets are you trying?  You might be able to borrow a known quiet headset and give it a try.  Also, keep the mic adjusted right next to your lower lip.

Posted

Do you have it connected to an external antenna?  I had the same problem with a King hand held (KX99) and an external antenna fixed it.

Posted

I had to use a high noise intercom in order for the tower to understand me..