Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Germany fly from bavaria to the see

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello,

here some pics from our trip ( the images have to watch her back, then it fits the story below (why the images were transferred backwards is not clear to me)).

http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/Flugtaxi/slideshow/Ost%20mit%205kn

the story was translated with google translate into English:

Germany Tour: East with 5kn

After my better half of our community support also from Thursday 2:10. Was on leave and to describe the weather for the whole four days flyable as excellent was ... we were after the fog to fly off at 15:00 noon dissolved in Herzogenaurach, Germany. We flew into the new federal states, Frankische Schweiz and the airspace yard. A first fuel stop we inserted on the beautiful airfield in Zwickau. Big landing field - and yet end up with the tip of the watchman (tower) until mid field because of the bumps. Fueled, called in Oehna to reserve a cabin and into the air.
Ended up almost to the last ray of sunshine in Oehna. Oehna is a beautiful, well-kept airfield with grass and hard track. The stumbling bird could still enjoy hot food and Black Beer us. The log cabins are cozy - with kitchen, bathroom and living room.
After breakfast we went on 03/10. continue to Eggersdorf. We had been reported by Eggersdorf village - should we end up times. So the next fuel stop was planned with Eggersdorf village. Is hovering over the lakes in Eggersdorf - and landed almost on the tow path. Since it was actually more to the left still something eternally long runway. So, without further ado turned to the left, nor to breath some gas and made the right landing field. To refuel, we should roll to the end of the track. So stock up to two kilometers roll ... only to find ... everyone thinks watchman, a UL requires Mogas or Super. No, we want avgas. So again full two kilometers return, purely in the Avid and behind a forest again. The gas station is hidden behind the clubhouse. After refueling stop with Avgas it should go to the Müritz Airpark. There just called - and we could come - but beds are only available in hotels. Since we wanted to stay close to our Avid, we called in Pinnow. There, Max (a young glider pilot) was on the line. Yes, he would beds - but very simple and not a pub on the site. After my co-pilot and I are now times married young, we were on our way. Müritz (Rechlin-Larz) did not answer, despite repeated attempts on the radio. So we flew without a fuel stop on to Pinnow. People Pinnow is cool. A place with crossed paths. A dream for every traildagger pilot. If only it were something from us ...
The beds were actually from the time before 1989 ... but it was German Unity Day! And after we were warmly taken care of Max and other nice club members, it was an entertaining night. And a pizza guy in a turban you get probably only in Pinnow to face. Morning on 04/10. there was coffee and pizza from the rest of the evening. How should I describe it, just men moderately cool.
Since we planned to fly from Pinnow to Fehmarn and in mine every one was asleep, we decided to Lübeck to refuel to fly. CTR is also a nice experience.
The experience ever read not long in coming. After the screw into the final approach - refused my request the controller to land on the grass runway - at 10kN Crosswind. My attempt to land anything against the wind on the ever-wide concrete path was a limbo. The result was inevitable and so we took the whole web width for our ballet insert after hitting the ground. Right, left, right ... and two full circles on the ground. This is called well Groundloop Deluxe. After I found myself in the cockpit and my beloved co-pilot was still there too - I wrote to the then still silent controller that everything would be ok. After we were already against the direction of landing, I was able to roll even on taxiway A directly to the gas station. In order to make some air my displeasure I meant as a radio operator - "therefore we wanted on the grass runway" ... and he returns "na you would indeed be able to say". "so i was pissed off :mad: ": How the Berlin says there Evil or Very Mad (wa ig schon sauer,wa!). Pay for airfield society after the fuel stop with a helpful staff by black-yellow taxi. The lady from the airfireld company said: "oh you're the - was quite a commotion just". We learned - after our landing - everything was on his feet. Firefighters, paramedics and probably also the Tower ... because it should not 20 minutes after we land a large passenger jet. Therefore, the whole crowds of people in the waiting hall. However, we were able to cut the line. Stop, remove your belt, pocket money put into the box ... full program. And then again the ride with the black-yellow-game mobile back to the gas station. Crazy - as would a petty cash or a debit card reader to the gas station but also. Thus, employment machinery for a fuel stop?
We therefore with a full tank and good humor (so nothing was broken) on the iland of Fehmarn. And it was cool ... we shot with 170 (km) ground speed on mine away to Fehmarn. Under the Fehmarnsundbridge was probably a sailing regatta on the go. About 80 boats and in the flat water spot the water was white of the trails of the kite surfers.
In Grube village we got back Avgas, Mogas although here like had been sold to us. And because the nice lady from the gas station also came from Middle Franconia, you had our experiences of the day but almost an hour to endure bravely. In Grube we have received an invitation to a fly-in on a glider airfield near Lüneburg. We wanted anyhow still further to Oehna as we once again had reserved beds. So it came to the headwind - how much time we needed to Lüneburg. From Grube we flew towards Hartenholm. Then I spoke courageously to the controller in Hamburg, if we could fly through the air space over November1 after Whiskey1 and then over the river Elbe to Hamburg (Fischmarkt - fishmarketplace) and then off to Lüneburg. And the controller agreed to squawk 4611 we were called and we could also fly to Whiskey1 Very Happy we could this flight for lack of transponder 2006 unfortunately do not fly - I hereby have caught that. Hamburg from above - just great. In airfield Hamburg Finkenwerder started right next to us, a passenger jet, the Elbe was full of ships, and we could not get enough of the big city. After many thanks to the controller, we went to Lüneburg. There diligent glider pilots were out. Dragging, land, hauling, land ... we were forced to place another round due to country forming gliders. But it was ok, finally, we have the whorl forward, the problems still yes lets us do a lap. In Lüneburg then again the great astonishment that we wanted Avgas. But we did not just Avgas, my coffee needs would be met and it was delicious apple pie Exclamation
and coffee. Time was short, as the headwind not ran after it and it was already 16:00 ... we had still after Oehna. The fly-in so much for us. Sure, if it should even go quickly, my door opened when starting up. So take-off and a new attempt. The flight to Oehna was again a flight in the evening. Maybe we should by this power burst or something similar times to the wing build :unsure: . However, with a little more fuel consumption, we made it this time 15 minutes before SS of pitching Oehna. Once again a nice welcome by Moni and nice, clean, my better half pampering rooms with clinically pure bathroom. Breakfast on 05/10. Stumbling in the bird was like two days ago more than adequate and tasty. We also still got a nice tour of the hangars and could sometimes take place in a highly polished gem-UL. Compared to our Avid UL was indeed sleek, but slightly narrower at the shoulders. So for me a bit cramped. However, the legs I could stretch out - if I do that in Avid, falls from the front propeller.
So we went on the trip home. Refueling stop should be Zwickau again. We folgtem the course of the Elbe. The view was always cloudy. As we could see up to 2000ft somehow nothing reasonable, we went through the clouds to nearly 6000ft. It was also worth seeing for my better half. After the clouds became more dense, we circled 15 min. Before Zwickau again through a hole in the soup. Landing - yes - from mid field because of the bumps - and then off to the gas station. There we learned of the lunch break rules on weekends. Start again only from 15:00. So a good way for a lunch in the clubhouse. There was an air schnitzel. And the Zwickau are serious chips. Fried potatoes, side salad, schnitzel and on top of two fried eggs ... gentlemen .... I am a good eater, but I have not done ... who does not horaire there and something to eat your own fault. We can recommend it. In Herzogenaurach, we were welcomed back Frankish frotzlig. The Franke (a small country in bavaria) in itself says little to nothing. And so, unfortunately, are the watchman on tower. Any info you have to pull out of the nose where. And you understand sometimes nothing, because someone had just pressed the radio just at the same time - you ask again for weather ... but the answer are of course a ... "I had sayd bevore, East 5".

1700km, 13:49 h, 245 liters of avgas.

Geil wars! Very Happy :beerchug:
You happy landings

Martin  (edit again, becauso the google-translate is not much better than my english :P )

Edited by Flugtaxi
4 people like this

Posted

Wow! nice trip! Lots of nice pics as well. What is the engine that you have in your Avid? How do you like it? Jim Chuk

Posted

We have a Jabiru 2200 first model in our avid. The propeller is a helix. It is comfortable in maintenance and service. The sound is good. Max. 2850 upm. The Jab can male 3100 upm. In germany we must fly with quiet systems, lower than 60db in the air.

Posted

I had seen the one picture showing the engine, and at a quick glance I didn't recognize it as a Jabiru. No fiberglass cooling shrouds on the engine. I know cooling has been an issue with Jabs, I put over 400 hours on my 2200 serial # 903, and cooling wasn't much of a problem for me, but I know others have had lots of problems with theirs, especially on the 3300 engine. If you had some close up pictures of your engine baffles I would like to see them. Thanks, Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

sooooo.... you´ve been in Lübeck?; --- (heard a couple of stories about that airfield). you practically been as far north in Germany, that is 200Km South west of my location, next time you plan a long trip like that don´t be shy to fly further north, always nice to meet  Avid owners.

fantastic pictures, I wish you could labelled them!

regards

Dimi3

Edited by Wolverine

Posted

cool pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!

:BC: