Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lt Dan got sputzees old leggggs.

32 posts in this topic

Posted

That was just the number he sent me and said to use, For the weight we fly at I would use a 325 spring, Im not sure if Im gonna change mine or not,

1 person likes this

Posted

That was just the number he sent me and said to use, For the weight we fly at I would use a 325 spring, Im not sure if Im gonna change mine or not,

That's perfect. What are you using currently?

My Pietenpol is lighter than the Avid V was that I had before so that seems about right. I've also wondered about making a set with stacked springs so that it would act like they are progressive. Probably way overkill though. 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

I need a 1.25 ID spring for my nosegear, unless I use rubber donuts - should have about 100 to 150 lbs static weight on nosewheel, but spring has to be (???) more - I have a mountain bike spring that was on the frame, but would have to get it tested to know what it is - It looks like the black football shaped spring that Leni posted in the first post on this thread.   Yes, a progressive spring would be ideal.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

325# is skidoo.  503190854, what is the number for the 250# spring, or is this too light?

Posted

I wouldn't use the 250 spring.  The 325 works well for me!  make sure you slot the tube more so you get increased travel!

Posted

Okay, I am going to do a search and see where I can source them. So you cut the slot 2" resulting in 4" of travel? That is quite an increase. Thank for the info! :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay, I am going to do a search and see where I can source them. So you cut the slot 2" resulting in 4" of travel? That is quite an increase. Thank for the info! :)

you can get them off ebay or any polaris shop.  I have seen quite a few online but most wont ship to AK..