Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fun day at the lake

8 posts in this topic

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

I don't see any water skipping in there Joey??? 

Looks like a great day flying.  Thanks for posting it.

Posted (edited)

Cool video and music Joey - Have you been able to measure the tail yet?

With all the rain in California I thought maybe you were shopping for floats!

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Sorry Ed my plane is 20 minutes away and 20 ft in the air on the Aerolift. I have not even been out there in a couple weeks. Should of went yesterday it was the first VFR day in 2 weeks. We are totally socked in again this morning.

Posted (edited)

With all the rain in California I thought maybe you were shopping for floats!

Edmo

We get two or three days of rain in Los Angeles and they think it's Noah's flood... You should have heard the TV news chimpanzees screaming about "severe storms", and water damage and sandbags and all of it. One reporter out in the field actually had to cover her cleavage because of the "extreme weather".

Speaking only for the LA area, we need ten times more rain than the "torrential downpour" we got last week. Maybe other parts of the state got too much, and had real storm damage... my sincere condolences and best wishes for the people in those areas that suffered any damage.

Edited by EZFlap

Posted

Yeah, I was in L.A. the week of the 'severe storms'.  Living in Illinois and Florida, and having spent a lot of time in Texas, I was trying to figure out what they were talking about.  All I ever saw was a vigorous sprinkle....

Mark

Posted (edited)

The media blows everything out of proportion - all we saw here was that the entire state of California was now flooding after a drought, and showed pictures of houses falling into the ocean.

Same way with the Ferguson riots and looting and fires - If the media would have stayed away, things would not have been so bad.  They didn't broadcast the true facts about the shooting, but gave the troublemakers lots of publicity.

I was in LA when the Lakers riots happened - Being from Alaska, I did not bring my .44 or .45 with me to USC housing - I had two little girls with me and could only arm myself with a steak knife and a butcher knife taped to the end of a pole lamp, while police were arresting armed criminals just below our window, and they were burning buildings 2 blocks away - it was on TV all night while they burned and looted and I watched it from our balcony windows.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Great video Joey!