Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ventral Fin Dimensions

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

post-399-0-46703200-1420566305_thumb.jpg

aprox 38" long and 11" high - Front Wide bracket about 9.5" wide, and rear bracket bolts to tailspring tabs.

I guess there are not too many of these around. This one MAY be for Kitfox 1 or later?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

why does the drip edge of the counter top have those two circle cuts in it?

Posted (edited)

why does the drip edge of the counter top have those two circle cuts in it?

So I could tell where the center of the 12 foot long top was when I built the cabinet  :lol:

The top had a chip broken out and I got it for almost nothing - the circles are a "cover-up" job to keep the CG in the center!  It's an "Amateur-Built Experimental"....Just keeping it in the right category!

How is that for BS Larry?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

How was the book Killing Patton? Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Jim,

I am on Chapter 4 now - Lots of things I didn't know - Lots of other heroes and history in the book.

I was really interested because I have been a lot of places talked about in the book.

I was in the (Patton's) 4th Armored Division, 78th Artillery for 2.5 years in Germany - When I came home I was wearing my unit emblem on my cap, and met one of my wife's Uncles - He looked like he had seen a ghost, turned white, and sat down and said, "Where did you get that insignia?".  I answered that I was in that unit.  He said that he was only one of six survivors of that unit at Bastogne in the battle of the bulge when Patton rescued them, starved and nearly froze to death, and that he thought the unit was probably gone forever!

Good reading for anyone wanting to learn more about the war in Europe.  Lots of my family were also in the Pacific Campaign.  My father was at the Naval Air Station in Astoria, Oregon, for most of the war.  He came home when I was nearly 5 years old.

I was born the year that the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor - spent all my youth hearing about the war on both sides of the world.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thread drift don't matter to me none. As long as people are talking on here I'm good with it. Too much trouble to move stuff around just for a good bs session :lmao:

:BC: