Wanted, Spinner for a IVO prop

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody have a spinner for a IVO prop they would like to sell.

Posted

Ultralight or medium? Two or three blade? I've got a UHS fiberglass spinner available, trimmed for a two blade medium IVO.

Posted

I would like the aluminum spinner that that screws into the center of the prop shaft.

Posted

I've got one for my electrically ground adjustable.  

Most likely I will keep it with the prop as a complete system to sell.  Do you the whole thing?

Posted

Ivo sells em for $50

Posted

I think I have a spare at the house.  I will look when I get home tomorrow night.

:BC:

Posted

I also have one if Leni doesnt

Posted

I also have one if Leni doesnt

2nd dibs?  I could use one too.

Posted

Worthy note on the skull cap spinner... use blue locktite on the screw that holds it on... its a shitty thing when your flying along at 1000' fat dumb and happy and all of a sudden there is a hellacious loud thwack thwack thwack ting sound and you see something bounce off the ski and shoot over your left shoulder.... the quick trip over the city to the airport at the absolute minimum RPM you can sustain flight praying the blades dont start spitting off the hub is a real pisser of a flight.... The one and only time I had gotten in a hurry and did not use locktite on the spinner screw... wont be doing that again.

1 person likes this

Posted

Leni, did you give up on the spinner after that, or just religiously use the loctite?

Posted

Used the locktite. 500 trouble free hours since that happened.

Posted

just pm me if someone wants this thing

Posted

I have a 9 1/2" carbon fiber spinner I got with the Sensenich ground adjustable prop.  Used it about 30 minutes and took it off as it was causing cooling problems.  The spinner is made by Hammerhead Aviation ( http://hammerheadaviation.com/gallery/) .  It's a fantastic spinner and I would order a smaller one IF they made it.  If anyone's interested let me know.post-702-0-75145400-1431795619_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

After taking the spinner off everything cooled down to the "normal" range.

Posted (edited)

Looking at your cowl, the holes in the front look a lot smaller than my cowl - think maybe that has something to do with it?  I don't have a photo, but go to Kitfox site and look at some of them.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

What engine do you have.  Mine's a Jabiru 2200 and the openings are the same size as the Jabiru plenum chamber opening.

Posted (edited)

I figured you had a Jab by looking at the cowl openings - which I know fits the baffles - I was just thinking that most of the Kitfoxes have larger openings like a Cessna 150, and maybe that was part of your cooling problem along with the big spinner.  I've got a Subaru.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri