Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Name this mystery Avid Flyer part.....

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Well what ya think it is????Something I've been flying with stuck to my plane for a while now. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but on to the fun part....Let the guessing begin!!! :dunno: post-136-0-04978500-1422664828_thumb.jpg

Posted

lol looks like a sex toy to me

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nah, to short for that ha.

Edited by TJay

Posted

Looks like some sort of boarding step.

Posted

Flaperon counterbalance?

Posted

heat seeking sex toy, that can also be used as counterbalance while is not in use?

Posted

A camera mount?

Posted

Well Randy was closest....It bolts on to the tail airplane and sits just under the tail spring as a ballast weight to get the cg back a bit further. Weighs close to 7 pounds. MY initial idea was to have it so I could have interchangeable heads of various weight and just swap them out depending where I wanted to fly with the cg and how much baggage I had in the plane. Made a 12 pounder as well just never stuck it on the plane yet. Just seems too heavy for the plane. Also can act as a tail skid in the event u break the tail spring on landing and need to get out of somewhere without another spring to put on the plane right away....though yo would make a bit of a mess of it better it than the rest of the plane.

Posted

post-136-0-67926900-1429757404_thumb.jpgSo this is what this thing looks like actually mounted on the plane.I can pull it off the mounting bracket with one bolt if I want to stuff the baggage area completely full and keep the cg still aft but in the ballpark.

Posted

Man what would your shrink say about that?

Posted

Probably say get some balls :hammerhead:

Posted

You guys are mean!!! I made it to look like the flaperon ballances but if it looks like a plane penis or a sex toy so be it lol.I'm not taking it off. It serves a purpose other than revealing what is on other peoples minds within the physical symbolism of what we build. :rolleyes: .

Posted (edited)

Mike,

That big tractor in your Avatar looks very manly! These guys are just jealous of hormones!

I just wonder if an F-16 ever took a look at that "little bomb" on the tail of your bird, what would his reaction be :huh:

Well, he might not get as excited as seeing a "big bomb object" that might be a kayak that one of our members carries under his bird! :lol:

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Actually one of the better looking weights, sure had me going with you quiz :)

Posted

It was meant to be fun and it certanly was. :)