Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Flaperon Mixer Control Assembly

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I want to purchase a mixer control assembly for an avid flyer.

Let me know

Thanks

Posted

I've got one that I took out of my MK-IV. I would guess that it would be pretty compact to ship, but I'd have to take a look at it again. Do you need the pushrods too?

Posted

Hi,  Yes please sent push rods.  Send me a picture of what you got and we can close a deal.

Thanks

Posted

Here are some pictures, but they were with my cell phone, so not that great. The mixer is attached to the mounting tubes which I removed from the plane. I'm planning a different system. Both bell cranks are also attached. I could also include the other two pushrods that go to both of those bell cranks if that would help. I didn't think of that when I took the picture.

post-760-0-39789200-1422984840_thumb.jpg

post-760-0-20721400-1422984848_thumb.jpg

post-760-0-51457300-1422984852_thumb.jpg

Posted

The other bell cranks would be nice.  What is your price.

THanks

Posted (edited)

Do you also have the flap handle and tube going to mixer control?  I would also be interested in the controls that bolt to the floor for aileron and rudder control.

THanks

Edited by AVID STOL HH

Posted

I have no idea how to price something like this. I did pay a bit for the Avid kit though, and it would be nice to get something for the parts I'm not using. I see that an old style KF mixer was sold on here in the past:

http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/888-flaperon-mixer-control-assembly/

It was listed for $350 + shipping. Not sure if that's what it sold for though. Let me know what you think would be fair. I wouldn't expect to get that much for it. I've also got a set of MK IV rudder pedals with hydraulic brakes that I'm not using. I'd like the keep the flaperon handle though to incorporate into the new design. My stick assembly will be up for grabs as well. It would work well with the flaperon mixer.

Posted

How about 250 for the stick assembly and the mixer stuff and Ill pay shipping.

Thanks

Posted

That sounds fair to me. I can take pictures of the the stick assembly if you want. They are basically as there came from the factory except for some extra dust. Everything has been stored indoors, so there is not rust on it as far as I can see.

Posted

Dang beat me to it Luke.

Posted (edited)

How do I get the 250 to you.  Do you have paypal?  My email is jeff@aklinebuilders.com .  I will send the shipping once you have a dollar amount for me.

Edited by AVID STOL HH

Posted (edited)

Sorry Joey, I just saw the post, and I've got these parts taking up space :). I think your Avid would make someone a good project with the controls included with the fuse. If I didn't have a project already, I would consider it.

Jeff, I'll send you the paypal info tomorrow. I have to check my work computer. I think the post office is going to be the cheapest shipping. Our company ships with UPS, so we can check that too, but I think it will be more.

Edited by Luked

Posted

Okay great.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Posted

I was just flipping you crap Luke. I was wanting to keep this stuff all together like you said. I havent had any bites on my Ad yet.

Posted

Sounds good Jeff.

Hey Joey, I thought maybe you were  :P. Hope you find a good home for it. I almost wish I would have just gone for a stock Avid with a 582 for my first one. It would have been easier and cheaper. I'm too far into this one now though.

Posted

Hi,  I just noticed you are in Oregon.  Should be a lot cheaper to Alaska from there.  Do you have a pay pal account for me? 

Thanks

Posted

Hey Jeff, I just PMed my paypal account info. I brought the parts to work today. I'll try to get the shipping figured out.

Posted

Sorry I am old school.  What is PMed. :hammerhead:

Posted (edited)

Private message = PM

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

Sorry I am old school.  What is PMed. :hammerhead:

No problem Jeff  :lmao: If you have any problems just call me at five four one nine two six seven seven five seven (chose 1 for customer service at the menu).

Posted

Okay 250 is sent.

Posted

Got everything boxed up today. I'll run it down to the PO tomorrow. Also, got your payment thanks.

Posted

Hey Jeff,

The parts shipped out today from the post office. I sent you an email with the details.

Here is what I sent (the other bellcrank we discussed was also in there, but not in the picture)

post-760-0-62678700-1423270284_thumb.jpg

Ready to ship.

post-760-0-17719600-1423270289_thumb.jpg

Posted

Thanks Luke.

Posted

Hey Jeff,

I just realized that I forgot to send you the extra pushrods we talked about. I found them sitting here in the shop. I packaged them up, and have them ready for the mail man to pickup tomorrow. Keep an eye out for them in  the next week or so. Sorry about that.

Luke D.