artic cat 800 ,160 hp!!!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

have a friend that has made a adaptor plate to use a C box, im looking for a sled NOW

post-15-0-62817200-1423355099_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

with the clutch that's one helluva float plane engine.

Posted (edited)

The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Leni will argue with this, but the fact around these parts is A/C 800s are far from reliable in a sled. I wouldn't trust my life behind one in an airplane.

One mans opinion.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

It depends on the year. 07- 09 were bullet proof, then they started changing it up. To get 160 hp it's gonna be running hard. I figure off the dyno charts it should be around 120 at 6800 rpm. It's a 76-7800 rpm engine in a sled.

Posted

Braaaap I'd love to have a plane with this engine and twin SLP pipes down the side!

Posted

Leon

That's the info I need, 07-09, is the castings and crank output the same, my friend is using a 2010 snow pro sled for electrical and engine, says some of the engine components were lighter?

Posted

Braaaap I'd love to have a plane with this engine and twin SLP pipes down the side!

For a guy that lives less than a 1/4 mile from the snowmobile trail, "braaaaaap" is almost an unforgivable curse word.  Especially at 2 am...

Posted

They cut the counter weights off the crank in 10 to try and make it "snappier" all it did was make it shake worse than any Harley on the road... you also have to run premium. At 7800 rpm it's 140 hp, but I was going to limit it to 6800 rpm and run it like a 582. You have to have the ccu and ecu to make it run. I was going to put the Arctic cat spedo unit in the dash so I could see any trouble codes and use the rpm function on it as well.

:BC: